Archery Terms You Hate

TheTone

WKR
"Tinker"

Like their genius self is about to create a setup to rival intercontinental ballistic missiles.
That’s a good one, I shot the completely same set up for a decade until I ran out of the discontinued arrows I was using. Why tinker with something that’s working great?

Back bar and stabilizer system. You really think the bow manufacturer made a bow so poorly balanced you have to add tons of weight and stabilizing to it to shoot it well? With most people probably shooting under 30 yards how needed is anything?

I went stump shooting for the first time with field points on, thought to my self “ these trad guys are idiots”
Glad you guys think that’s funny. I had to dig my arrow out of a black hills ponderosa pine for 20 minutes and then pry my insert out with a knife, “ 10 ringed” that stump though.

Rick653

FNG
[/QUOTE]
Glad you guys think that’s funny. I had to dig my arrow out of a black hills ponderosa pine for 20 minutes and then pry my insert out with a knife, “ 10 ringed” that stump though.

A hidden benefit of shooting traditional, you never shoot far enough to actually lose an arrow.

Downside is the heart break when you realize you might as well have lost it anyways

Marble

WKR
I hate when guys refer to their meat as ,"all natural organic" It just makes me shake my head.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Marble

WKR
Won't be long this thread will get moved to the old geezer forum.
It does seem like a lot of the things that drive us crazy is some "bro talk". It bugs me a bit, but time and place...

Marble

WKR
"Catch" any deer?
My newest hat
3ca72b85936682032c226fc7c22b500b.jpg

Arrows "flying like darts" (used to illustrate how well they're supposedly flying)

I'm a much better shot with a bow and arrow than with a dart.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm a much better shot with a bow and arrow than with a dart.
Yep. Some of my best darts I've thrown like a football.....spinning the dart out of my hand as it rolls off my fingers at high speeds. But they always have a tail kick to them. Good thing they have EFOC, otherwise they'd veer way off target. On the other hand.......I'm left handed, so I'm probably not spinning them the right way. I've never "clocked" bare shaft darts to see which way they naturally want to spin. Either way.......they're spinning left even if the vanes are set up for a right spin. Don't think there's enough distance for the vanes to take over.

Btaylor

WKR
Trad guys are smart enough to shoot rotten stumps and logs, clumps of grass, leafs, pine cones, you know non-arrow eating stuff. :D

EdP

WKR
I hate when guys refer to their meat as ,"all natural organic" It just makes me shake my head.

Yes, it may not have any antibiotics added like cattle in a feed lot, but if it came from the midwest you do realize it grew up eating roundup ready corn and beans right?

tuffcity

WKR
Applies more to "trad" archery but .... "in one fluid motion", when describing taking a shot. As in " as the buck stepped out I raised my bow and, in one fluid motion, sent the port orford cedar shaft ..." AAAAHHHHHHH!!!

So in other words, you didn't hit your anchor point and panic released an arrow...