Archery and Hunting have no place in the schools

Traveler

WKR
Were there a lot of schools that taught this to start with? I grew up in as conservative rural area as it gets and all our hunting programs were still club based not school. Biology/ecology is the most important part of hunting and conservation, that will be taught.

I love to hunt, love archery. I want my schools focusing on math, science, engineering. I’ll teach my kids hobbies.

Were there a lot of schools that taught this to start with? I grew up in as conservative rural area as it gets and all our hunting programs were still club based not school. Biology/ecology is the most important part of hunting and conservation, that will be taught.

I love to hunt, love archery. I want my schools focusing on math, science, engineering. I’ll teach my kids hobbies.
I agree with you, I was way to focused on goofing off in my Ag classes and I ignored math and science. It bit me in the ass when I got older and had to work harder to catch up in those subjects. I can teach my son basic mechanics and how to weld but I can’t teach him anything STEM related, need a teacher to do that.

kda082

WKR
We had archery throughout school from elementary to HS. Even shot BB guns in elementary. Don’t think my kids had the same but they had me teaching them from an early stage,

jazz3ring

WKR
Being an elementary physical education teacher, I teach the NASP (National Archery in the Schools Program) to all the 4th and 5th graders within my school district in WI every school year. This includes 350-400 students per school year. Overall, it is one of their favorite units we do every school year. I have been doing this for the last 15-20 years and have no plans to stop teaching it.

Rob5589

WKR
I'm in Northern CA and the local school has always had archery during PE in the spring.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
I took archery in HS and the coach let me bring my York CNC1 (my first compound) to use.

So says this administration

But gender and critical race theory do🤮

Purposely disconnect people from reality as much as you can brainwash them with a narrative and keep them confused. Such a bummer seeing what’s happening on a very large scale.

So crazy this world is becoming

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
I currently teach elementary, primarily 4th, 5th and 6th grades. I've pushed many times to get an archery program/club started but have been denied by the school everytime. I remember we had archery in P.E. class when I was that age.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

But school administrator types never met that bar, which is why they spend their time off now running errands for the wife ...

Gen273

WKR
But promoting gender dysphoria is A OK?? SMH! I barely recognize this nation these days.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
When I was in high school in southern Wis. we had a fur, fin and feather club. Parents teacher/instructors would get together for shooting, firearms or archery, either after school or on weekends. During a given season we would enter our hunting or fishing take on a blackboard, some of you may need to look up the definition of blackboard. No computers spreadsheet back then. We were encourage to bring non hunters or students who had never fished to our meetings and introduce them to the joy and excitement of the great outdoors. Days like that are long gone, much to the detriment of this country and its youth.

conley417

Lil-Rokslider
Seems dumb

Is federal funding typically using to fund these types of programs? Or will they be ok without it?

ZDR

WKR
There are quite a few school archery programs down here, not sure about the rest of the country.
I’m an archery coach at a small High school here in NM and last season we had 750 archers at our state championship shoot. It’s huge here despite the local politics.