Archery and Hunting have no place in the schools

It's not just these programs. I have not seen a shop class or home Econ class mentioned in any curriculums in a long time. Just know what you are told, don't use your mind to figure problems out.
Really ? thats just sad
Our small local high school still has welding, woodworking, basic electricity, CAD & small engines. Also i believe there was almost 60 kids out for trap this last spring.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of kids were introduced to archery via NASP and those Genesis Bows. What a shame…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NC has a great program for youth hunter education skills. Over 4,000 kids each year (middle through high school) compete in archery, rifle, shotgun, orienteering, & book work. Some school systems embrace it & others like my kids school treat it as a "club team". We have our own off site range, our own insurance & the funding is completely separate from the school. The kids & parents LOVE this program. We're blessed to have it & we all invest a lot of time into keeping it going.

Lando

WKR
I can't say that it surprises me, but I'm starting to lose hope that this train wreck will ever get fixed at the ballot box. People are too stupid to think for themselves and actually believe what they hear from the media, and more surprisingly, from politicians.

Given that the current administration needs guidance to find the bathroom, I hope that someone is keeping track of the participants in our government dreaming up this crap so they can be elimonated from ever receiving a fed check again.

gelton

WKR
A bit off topic but I wonder if fishing will be next? While there was no specific archery or hunting program when I was in school you were able to complete hunter education at school from the criminal justice teacher.

Since I have graduated HS bass fishing teams have become extremely popular in the area that I am from. In fact, two of my nephews got full ride college scholarships for fishing. One is going to be a senior this year and the other is just starting his freshman year in college.

One could use the same argument about fishing as they have about archery and hunting I would assume.

At least we have tampons in the Boys restrooms to promote " menstrual equity". This crap is insane . Indoctrinate while they are young . No archery or hunter safety for you . We have some other important classes like "Genital mutilation 101" . They are in it for the long game . With death by a thousand cuts . Any angle to work on the 2nd ammendment and conservative values. Introduce predators on federal land with no harvest management strategy . Watch hunting on federal or state lands slowly go away . The list goes on from every angle ! ( veins exploding in my head . I feel like Clark Griswold when he found out he was a member of "Jelly of the month club" ). This continuous insanity is the gift that keeps on givin'

mtmiller

WKR
Programs thar teaches manly things will be erased.They want boys to were lipstick,were pink and even cut there balls off.We are definitely loosing this country.The leader of this country is a prime example,woke and week.
This is funny stuff. Apparently they do need to review elementary education funding.

Luked

WKR
Took my Hunters ed in school. Granted that was a while ago.
But this is just another long hook from this group we have now. It is a shame what our country and socitiy have become.

nanuk

FNG
Pennsylvania schools still have off the first Monday of rifle season. I hope that never ends.

the "cUt gOvErNmEnT fUnDiNg" crowd is gonna have a stroke
Sorry to disappoint you but most of these programs are Libtard proofed anyways, meaning they arent funded by Federal dollars. This will pretty much change nothing its just more pandering by the weaker party to their govt dependent base.

The bill to reverse the administration's action still has to pass the Senate, right? Does anyone know of a form letter or talking points to send to our senators in support of this bill?

Bluefish

WKR
Both my wife and I took hunter safety in jr high. Mine was in shop class. We also had welding. Unfortunately at the time we didn’t have a trap team, but they do now.

Swamp Fox

WKR
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ho...unting-archery-overwhelmingly-bipartisan-vote

FYI update on this. Big loss for the hunt quietly guys. Now all these stupid rando kids are gonna be back in hunter education and clogging up their trailheads! (it's just a joke. well, kinda...)

edit: updated w/ better link
LOL ...

I̶'̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶ ̶ My baby sister would like to meet Rep. Escobar in a dark alley ...

In a 424-1 vote, the House approved the Protecting Hunting Heritage and Education Act with 216 Republicans and 208 Democrats voting in favor, and just one lawmaker, Rep. Veronica Escobar, D-Texas, voting against. Rep. Mark Green, R-Tenn., introduced the bill on Aug. 1, days after a Fox News Digital report in late July revealed the Department of Education was withholding funds for school hunting and archery courses.