Aram Von Benedikt

Status
Not open for further replies.

woods89

WKR
I mean, I know ALOT of people who shouldn’t shoot beyond 100 yards. I realize there are guys that CAN shoot to 600 and beyond, but the cavalier attitude by both parties about the range looses me.

I think I could rent a typical Holiday Inn, and house all the legitimate 600+ yd field shooters in this country. And no one would have to share rooms.

I say that maybe partially in jest, but the number of true 600+ yd killers is a fraction of the people who think they are. They certainly exist, and I know at least 1 personally, but that bar is much higher than people think.

That was only part of the issue here, but it was an issue nonetheless. I believe the people I typically hunt with would have figured it out in a courteous fashion, if it had ever got to that point.

Hnthrdr

WKR
I think I could rent a typical Holiday Inn, and house all the legitimate 600+ yd field shooters in this country. And no one would have to share rooms.

I say that maybe partially in jest, but the number of true 600+ yd killers is a fraction of the people who think they are. They certainly exist, and I know at least 1 personally, but that bar is much higher than people think.

That was only part of the issue here, but it was an issue nonetheless. I believe the people I typically hunt with would have figured it out in a courteous fashion, if it had ever got to that point.
Amen, I tell this to people all the time. It’s like all the exposed turret scopes and range finders make people think they are Bob Lee swagger. Totally skip the whole part about learning to shoot and practicing to shoot… oh and practicing to STALK!

I say that maybe partially in jest, but the number of true 600+ yd killers is a fraction of the people who think they are.
You're probably not far off. A lot of people can shoot 600+ in field "positions" but very few can do it in field "situations". The difference between the two is who can differentiate and accept a non-opportunity based on the conditions. If it takes you 15 seconds to set up and take an ethical straightforward 600 yard shot and the deer was only in the open for 10 seconds... then it wasn't your opportunity. Try again or move on. Both of these parties failed in that category, no hotel rooms for them!

woods89

WKR
You're probably not far off. A lot of people can shoot 600+ in field "positions" but very few can do it in field "situations". The difference between the two is who can differentiate and accept a non-opportunity based on the conditions. If it takes you 15 seconds to set up and take an ethical straightforward 600 yard shot and the deer was only in the open for 10 seconds... then it wasn't your opportunity. Try again or move on. Both of these parties failed in that category, no hotel rooms for them!

Yes. There's a big difference between those "positions" and "situations". Well put.

amassi

WKR
f14aa480fbcc17427a670140ded56845.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I read part 1 of 5 and stopped here:

"I do feel badly that Rachelle felt like I was pushy. I do get intense when I’m trying to recover a wounded animal, and in this case I knew that we needed to push the buck to keep it bleeding. If the buck was allowed to bed up and his wound coagulated he would be nearly impossible to track down and recover"

Never in my 35 years of hunting have I ever heard this BS. You are always taught to let them bed up.

I read part 1 of 5 and stopped here:

"I do feel badly that Rachelle felt like I was pushy. I do get intense when I’m trying to recover a wounded animal, and in this case I knew that we needed to push the buck to keep it bleeding. If the buck was allowed to bed up and his wound coagulated he would be nearly impossible to track down and recover"

Never in my 35 years of hunting have I ever heard this BS. You are always taught to let them bed up.

Except when you know you don't have a lethal shot on it and ate trying to follow breadcrumbs so you can lob more lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.