AR10 Hunting Scope?

ssramage

FNG
Looking for opinions on a hunting scope for an AR-10. Gun is primarily going to be used for suppressed deer and hog hunting, shots within 300yds. Low light performance, optical clarity, simple reticle and illumination are important. Budget is relatively flexible, but it's likely not going to be my every day hunting rifle so trying to balance value and performance as much as possible.

sdupontjr

WKR
Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56. I also have a Meopta Meosport R 3-15x50. Both have illuminated dot reticles that help when hog hunting. Meopta about $500, Trijicon closer to $700

sdupontjr

WKR
Given the distance and prioritization of low-light capability...this is a screaming deal on one of the best low-light scopes made:

Yes it is. I have the 4-16x56 Polar and is king in Low light hunting. I didn't mention that one because you have to have a special budget if you really want to go that route. And he mentioned it's not an everyday hunting rifle. But yes, great deal.
tikka.jpg

wyosteve

WKR
I have a 3.5-10 Leupold with illuminated reticle on mine. Been very satisfied with it. Used mainly for Texas hog hunting.

_S_R_

FNG
Fancy scope always priority. But I’m using vortex spitfire II 5x with rds. Only 11oz bring ruger SFAR up to 7.7lb.

IMG_5514.jpeg

OP
S

ssramage

FNG
Given the distance and prioritization of low-light capability...this is a screaming deal on one of the best low-light scopes made:

Yes it is. I have the 4-16x56 Polar and is king in Low light hunting. I didn't mention that one because you have to have a special budget if you really want to go that route. And he mentioned it's not an everyday hunting rifle. But yes, great deal.
View attachment 744069

Thanks guys. This one is intriguing... I'm not sure I'd put it on top of this AR10 I'm looking at BUT I also have my eye on a new bolt gun for this Fall and this might be just the ticket...

In my initial search for a scope for this AR, I was actually kind of leaning towards the Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 with the Forceplex reticle. I've never owned a NF but they seem to get pretty good reviews most places.

I've also considered going completely different on this rifle and picking up something like an AGM Rattler thermal scope for nighttime hog hunting mainly...

sdupontjr

WKR
Thanks guys. This one is intriguing... I'm not sure I'd put it on top of this AR10 I'm looking at BUT I also have my eye on a new bolt gun for this Fall and this might be just the ticket...

In my initial search for a scope for this AR, I was actually kind of leaning towards the Nightforce SHV 3-10x42 with the Forceplex reticle. I've never owned a NF but they seem to get pretty good reviews most places.

I've also considered going completely different on this rifle and picking up something like an AGM Rattler thermal scope for nighttime hog hunting mainly...
I can tell you, if you do decide to get a Polar, it will spoil you. I could easily go to jail for hunting after legal hours here in Louisiana.

Fritz D

FNG
Looking for opinions on a hunting scope for an AR-10. Gun is primarily going to be used for suppressed deer and hog hunting, shots within 300yds. Low light performance, optical clarity, simple reticle and illumination are important. Budget is relatively flexible, but it's likely not going to be my every day hunting rifle so trying to balance value and performance as much as possible.
I’ve the Trijicon 3-9X Credo on my AR-10. Happy with it.

NWSh00ter

FNG
Classified Approved
A little late, but since you mentioned hogs, I would personally want to keep a 1x low end for close encounters. The Primary Arms Plx-c is widely regarded as one of the best 1-8's out there and is one of the lightest as well. That's what my 308 AR wears full time.