Close-Range Woods Scope

I’ll probably get some heat for this….
I have a Vortex 1.75-5 x 32 Diamondback scope on my Tikka T3x compact.
If you did, catch any flak, then it's pure ignorant snobbery. 1-5x is perfectly suitable to the task of deer hunting. I have a Leupold 1.5-5 on my Tikka CTR.

Its less weight to carry around. Probably looks and balances better on a 20" rifle, than a 44-50mm scope.

The lower magnification has advantage of a wider field of view. It may work better in low light than some higher magnification options.

chanson_roland

Lil-Rokslider
Now it's not available to anyone with any kind of US correlation unless you change a VPN and do a bunch of other IT stuff that I have no clue about. I've got version 6.9 (I think), and if you have an Iphone and upgrade your phone, it automatically deletes Strelok. It also automatically deletes it with any operating software update unless you turn off automatic app updates, or something like that. I have Android and I have that setting turned off so that I don't lose it whenever an operating system update comes through.
Whoa. Just got wind of this. Thanks for the info.

Went to the Strelok site and there's this:

TL;DR is that you need to turn "OFF" the Offload Unused Apps toggle on your iPhone.

Definitely not upgrading my phone now...

I run a leupold vx-r patrol 1.25-4x lpvo firedot duplex reticle on my 30-30 but will probably swap it onto a 243 woods gun when I pick one up. Great for in-between trees and longer field work up to about 175 yards. Nice part is it's adjustable on the fly so I can make quick corrections if needed

Need some help with my ongoing search fr a new scope. This will be going on a lightweight Kimber Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. Use will be deer and coyote hunting in the northeast US. Shots will be practiced out to 400/500 yards, but so far I’ve never taken a shot on a deer over about 175 yds.

Looking for something with most of the following:
  • low end magnification of 1x, top end of 4x or more
  • Larger objective (>35mm)
  • Illuminated
  • Simple reticle with a few holdover points (won’t be dialing)
  • Relatively lightweight <18 oz
Does a scope like this scope exist?

I shot a red dot recently and really liked how close shots on moving targets worked with both eyes open. I hunt a lot in the thick stuff where common shots are 20-50 yards, and could see that being super helpful. I’m currently using a 3-9, but would like a lower bottom end magnification, and illumination as well. And shots can be in a creek bottom under thick pines at the end of shooting light so low-light performance is important.

I’ve found a few 1.5-6 with larger objectives - can you use scopes that have a low end of 1.5 like a red dot with both eyes open?

maybe you will look up an evil German scientist to build you this..

I have hunted for more than 30 years out west with Leupold 1.5-5 20mm scopes and been happy. Last year I bought a Leupold vx5 1-5 with illuminated red dot and a 30 mm tube. It is a very impressive scope and the optics are excellent. I didn’t think I would like the red dot, but I was wrong. About 13 ounces. Sounds ideal for what you are doing.