Apple announced satellite comm texting - no more in reach???

That’s what I thought in 2008, but at some point the benefits outweigh the irritation.

I still refuse to buy an apple computer.
Does that satellite messenging and SOS capability come standard with that iPhone and iOS? Or is it an added cost?

I can see if it is just as reliable Inreach and you don't have to have the phone mounted out on your pack for signal (where it would be susceptible to cold weather battery drain) it would be pretty beneficial over an Inreach messenger.

I like how long the battery life of my messenger is, how reliable they are, and that I only pay for it a few months a year. I use my cell phone for mapping.

A cellphone that has the messenging and SOS function and is as reliable would be great. I'm still not jumping into Apple though. I'll probably be an android phone user forever.

Does that satellite messenging and SOS capability come standard with that iPhone and iOS? Or is it an added cost?

I can see if it is just as reliable Inreach and you don't have to have the phone mounted out on your pack for signal (where it would be susceptible to cold weather battery drain) it would be pretty beneficial over an Inreach messenger.

I like how long the battery life of my messenger is, how reliable they are, and that I only pay for it a few months a year. I use my cell phone for mapping.

A cellphone that has the messenging and SOS function and is as reliable would be great. I'm still not jumping into Apple though. I'll probably be an android phone user forever.
No extra cost. Free feature on the newer phones.