Anything new for 6.8 western ?

AKJ

FNG
With the Shot Show going, is there any new support for 6.8 Western in rifles or ammo?

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
Would be nice to see a good brass option from either adg/Peterson/lapua….I haven’t seen of any positive rumors of that being an option yet but maybe I’ve missed something

Gila

WKR
Do you have any information about Tikka you can share? I'm looking at doing a custom Tikka but could wait.
I don’t know anything more about Tikka chambering the 6.8 Western than anyone else. Just that with CA chambering their rifles in 6.8 Western will spur the competition on to do the same. More ammo brands are taking on the 6.8 Western as well as we now see with this year’s shotshow. It was off the a slow start because of the pandemic and the economy more than anything else. Quite a few barrel makers are now offering pre-fits for a Tikka now as well.

Gila

WKR
Would be nice to see a good brass option from either adg/Peterson/lapua….I haven’t seen of any positive rumors of that being an option yet but maybe I’ve missed something
Until the war in Europe is over, I doubt we will see much brass for any caliber from those three. What did the US send? something like 60 million rounds of small arms ammo so far? Europe sent millions of rounds also. Lapua has that memo out about what cartridges they won’t ship to the US because of the war effort. BUT....new ammo offerings in 6.8 Western will also spur on the brass makers (I hope).

SwiftShot

WKR
Debating on this caliber myself so I'm following
I think it is one hell of a cartridge. I would get one in a Christensen Arms but I already have a 6.5 PRC and 300 RUM. Have debated on selling both and going with the 6.8. One rifle for North America.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
I see barnes is offering a 270 155 LRX bullet. I am not sure if loading ammo or not but a new item for handloaders at least

Lou where did you get this info? I’m not seeing on their website.

MAP1

Lil-Rokslider
Lou where did you get this info? I’m not seeing this on their website.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
Until the war in Europe is over, I doubt we will see much brass for any caliber from those three. What did the US send? something like 60 million rounds of small arms ammo so far? Europe sent millions of rounds also. Lapua has that memo out about what cartridges they won’t ship to the US because of the war effort. BUT....new ammo offerings in 6.8 Western will also spur on the brass makers (I hope).
The war will affect availability and new product development from lapua, but atlas and Peterson are American companies still producing brass for the US. Both adg and Peterson are producing for new cartridges as well with both scheduled to have 7prc brass available mid 2023. Would be nice for the 6.8 if one of them would pick it up too.

OP
A

AKJ

FNG
I don’t know anything more about Tikka chambering the 6.8 Western than anyone else. Just that with CA chambering their rifles in 6.8 Western will spur the competition on to do the same. More ammo brands are taking on the 6.8 Western as well as we now see with this year’s shotshow. It was off the a slow start because of the pandemic and the economy more than anything else. Quite a few barrel makers are now offering pre-fits for a Tikka now as well.

What ammo brands other than Winchester and browning?

Gila

WKR
The war will affect availability and new product development from lapua, but atlas and Peterson are American companies still producing brass for the US. Both adg and Peterson are producing for new cartridges as well with both scheduled to have 7prc brass available mid 2023. Would be nice for the 6.8 if one of them would pick it up too.
US brass makers are also producing brass for military ammo that is going to Ukraine. CA chambering 6.8 Western will spur the ammo companies to produce more 6.8 Western cartridges as demand increases. This weak economy isn’t helping either.

Bfish22

Lil-Rokslider
All I was saying is that adg and Peterson are still producing quality brass for existing and upcoming cartridges for us reloaders. The 6.8 seems like a great round that I’d consider as soon as quality brass is available. A high bc 170 Berger would be the perfect Goldilocks between the 6 creed shooting a 108 Berger and my 30 cal 215 Berger. But I have other current projects so I have time to play the waiting game for a while anyways.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider

Mrjaycam

FNG
I think it is one hell of a cartridge. I would get one in a Christensen Arms but I already have a 6.5 PRC and 300 RUM. Have debated on selling both and going with the 6.8. One rifle for North America.
That's pretty much what I'm looking for as well. I've got bow fever so bad I didn't touch a rifle all last year. No need to have an arsenal anymore. One will do.

SwiftShot

WKR
That's pretty much what I'm looking for as well. I've got bow fever so bad I didn't touch a rifle all last year. No need to have an arsenal anymore. One will do.
I feel you. Tons of rifles but I bow hunt everything.