Support for 6.8 western?

RobHazmat89

Lil-Rokslider
If you can’t see the physical issue with the same bullet having no issue penetrating 15-20 inches (multiple ballistics gel tests on YouTube and 100s of photos here on rockslide) magically evaporating upon impact with 4 inches of meat and a thin scapula twice in a row (with no evidence) then there is absolutely zero point in arguing with you.
Ignorance is bliss, have a good weekend.
Deer and elk arent made out of ballistics gel dipshit 😂😂😂 and just because something goes right 100 times doesn't mean it can't go wrong sometimes.

who said anything about two bullets evaporating in a row? I said the first one did, seeing as there was no exit wound and no bullet was recovered less for some bits and pieces, and that the animal required a follow up shot to finish, which worked fine. Are you on the spectrum? Serious question.

If ignorance is bliss, then you are the happiest little pig rolling around in his own shit on this forum 😂😂

Last edited:

wartak

Lil-Rokslider
Do you understand what gaslighting means, or are you trying to be “hip” and disguise your fuddery? Yep, I worked at a gun store for four years when I was younger. The difference is that what you’re saying is unreasonable with no evidence, which makes it unbelievable. Saying that I’ve heard hundreds of hunters exaggerate and BS at a gun shop is not an unreasonable statement that defies physics. The fact that you can’t tell the difference is unsurprising, however.

I’m sure you didn’t understand half of what you read again, bless your heart.
Funny thing is the majority of guns store workers don't know Jack squat and is say I have heard more misrepresented and or false information from so called Pro Reps than just about anyone else. Now I'm sure that they come into contact with alot more people than I do by nature of their employment. That however does not validate your position. If anything it weakens it imho.
Anyway can you stop hijacking our thread?

wartak

Lil-Rokslider
I started an ELD-X thread in the long range forum. If yall could move your arguments there that would be great!

wartak

Lil-Rokslider
It's hard to argue to save something that never should have been made in the first place. #abort6.8western

This is coming from a 270wsm fan that's still a little bitter. 😂 😢
It's basically the same cartridge

Gila

WKR
Unless you re-barrel and roll your own ammo, won’t be shooting any heavies in the 270 WSM. The heaviest bullet you will probably ever find in 270 WSM factory ammo is a 150 grain.

gerry35

WKR
It's hard to argue to save something that never should have been made in the first place. #abort6.8western

This is coming from a 270wsm fan that's still a little bitter. 😂 😢
I hear you, I was going to get a Tikka 270 WSM when the 6.8 Western was announced and went with that instead. You could just get a faster twist barrel and go with that. You probably will get a bit more speed than the 6.8 Western.

wartak

Lil-Rokslider
I hear you, I was going to get a Tikka 270 WSM when the 6.8 Western was announced and went with that instead. You could just get a faster twist barrel and go with that. You probably will get a bit more speed than the 6.8 Western.
270 wsm was on my shortlist as well and when the 6.5PRC was released I held my breath and did some more research. I purchased the PRC but was a little disappointed that I couldn't shoot anything heavier that a 143 grain bullet. Then in walks the 6.8 western and it was a love affair at first sight because I was thinking about getting rid of the 6.5 and getting the wsm. Perfect timing now if we could get just a little more factory support I would probably never look at another midrange cartridge again.

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
My point exactly. Hard to support them both...at least from a marketing and production point of view.
Why? The 270 wsm isn’t going anywhere. It was one of the more popular intros since 2000. Winchester and most other makers load for it as there are a lot of rifles out there. Both ADG and Petersen are adding brass for it this year. It puzzles me why people think a round needs to be 6.5 cm popular to have support in the industry. At best all of these new prc/westerns/arcs/legends whatever will be be moderately popular (ie wsm ish) in long run. The 6.5 cm is really the only round introduced since the 1960s that made it to the top tier and quite honestly it needs to stay there for a lot more years to catch up to the number of rifles out there world wide in the standards (308/3006/270/243 etc)

Sled

WKR
Why? The 270 wsm isn’t going anywhere.

I take it you don't own one. I load my own but still like to have new brass from time to time. Take a look at the on the shelf ammo next time you're in a well stocked store. 270wsm is not a frequently found ammo.

In the future we'll have some consolidation in the ammo market. Right now I'm hedging my bets on Hornady being able to support their products. In the meantime I'll stick up on some of Winchester's wsm that they've let go.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
Deer and elk arent made out of ballistics gel dipshit 😂😂😂 and just because something goes right 100 times doesn't mean it can't go wrong sometimes.

who said anything about two bullets evaporating in a row? I said the first one did, seeing as there was no exit wound and no bullet was recovered less for some bits and pieces, and that the animal required a follow up shot to finish, which worked fine. Are you on the spectrum? Serious question.

If ignorance is bliss, then you are the happiest little pig rolling around in his own shit on this forum 😂😂
After reading your comments on this thread I only have one question.

Attachments

• IMG_6913.gif
    IMG_6913.gif
    121 KB · Views: 24

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
I take it you don't own one. I load my own but still like to have new brass from time to time. Take a look at the on the shelf ammo next time you're in a well stocked store. 270wsm is not a frequently found ammo.

In the future we'll have some consolidation in the ammo market. Right now I'm hedging my bets on Hornady being able to support their products. In the meantime I'll stick up on some of Winchester's wsm that they've let go.
I have owned several 270 Wsms and currently own a 270 WSM that Shaen Rifles rebarreled with a Hawk Hill 1-8” #2. I have boat loads of 270 wsm stuff so dont buy any factory ammo, but my local Cabelas normally has 270 WSM Win factory ammo - the 130 extreme point and/or copper impact. I also see Hornady eldx, Nosler, and fed fusion around hunting season. 270 wsm is a marvelous cartridge. My son took over that rifle so I have been using 6.8W lately which is also a marvelous cartridge.

Ask the guys with rcms, marlins etc if Hornady does a good job supporting cartridges that don’t get popular. You can still buy Win 325 WSM ammo and that was least popular of wsms…. Not picking on Hornady really just saying they are no better or worse at supporting stuff than the others

Lou