Anyone wear just a merino sock?

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I switched to merino year round probably 4-5 years ago. I’ll vary the thickness of sock depending on the season, but also don’t have much of an issue wearing my thicker ones in the summer. I’ve even switched my sneaker socks over to Merino and don’t see a reason to switch. I may not be particularly found of some of Darn Toughs political stances, however they are still the brand I buy to this day. I haven’t had a bad pair of socks from them and have even been able to get the wife to see the benefits.

And no I do not wear a liner with them.

amassi

WKR
I used to swear by liners when I wore stiffer more technical boots. They worked great at stopping blisters.
Now I've transitioned to much lighter boots like the lapponia, tracker esc et el and only wear a merino sock. No issues

hflier

WKR
Merino sock only. Hate liner socks.

If your boots fit and you carry a little Lueko tape life is good with just the merino sock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finn16

WKR
Merino only. I've tried all the major brands with good results. Recently bought a few pairs of Point 6 and am really liking them so far.

Rock-o

WKR
Darn Tough by itself. I take a pair of liners but have never worn them. As of right now I'm not even going to take them anymore.

Last edited:

Luked

WKR
I havw ditched every sock I havw other than my Darn Tough ones.
That is all I wear now all year long

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SamsonMan22

Lil-Rokslider
All I wear are darn tough socks year round, I have various flavors of them but my feet live in boots every day. I wear mountaineering boots or stiff hikers at work, and lighter hikers to town. I wear fairly stiff boots for hunting and put a lot of miles on, no liner sock for me. I wear the micro crew hikers the most.

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
Since I went to merino on a daily basis, I don’t have hot spots or other foot issues that I had. Think merino wool socks are great! I prefer darn tough and Lorpen. There’s several other good ones out there but these two have lasted the longest for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually wear a thin poly sock liner and a merino sock. I have a pair of boots that are just a bit too snug when I do this so I have considered just wearing the merino sock. Anyone just wear a merino sock with good results?
I only wear liners if it’s really cold. Most days I wear the merino blend weatherproof crew socks from Costco, don’t hear much about them, but I like them. I have some darn toughs as well, and smartwool, and several other brands, but for a normal weight sock, I like the weatherproof as well as any, and I think they are pretty cheap relatively

I wear a polypropylene liner with my merinos, and spray my feet with scentless antiperspirant, but only when the temps get into the teens. Normally just wear a pair of DarnTough full cushion merinos.

Last edited: