Anyone want to talk some sense into this guy?

I live in California, we have a Grizzly on our state flag. The grizzlies were all killed off by hunters almost a hundred years ago. I think it would be good for griz to be reintroduced here, but I also like to not have to worry about grizzlies when I go into the mountains.

ewade07

WKR
LOL! You mean from the demigod himself!? Say it ain't so, 'slide!
F cking creep....

Sitka/ANWR redux...many of ya'll are nuts, as usual.

Yeah, they'll do a great job, kinda like our FBI...the 'professionals'...this country is a f cking mess.
If you don’t like it you’re free to leave 👍

amassi

WKR
I live in California, we have a Grizzly on our state flag. The grizzlies were all killed off by hunters almost a hundred years ago. I think it would be good for griz to be reintroduced here, but I also like to not have to worry about grizzlies when I go into the mountains.
The California brown bear was it's own species and went extinct about 100 years ago. Any living grizz would be an imposter and has no place here

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Gobbler36

WKR
I think that if the wolf was originally in that habitat then it is okay for it to exist. However, I need to qualify that statement. Their habitat is not what it used to be and humans have made an enormous impact. Therefore we have a responsibility to aggressively manage the wolf population since it is the apex predator.

There is no doubt that apex predators have a place and a purpose, and can help balance the environment in which they live. But humans have done way too much to disrupt that balance so at this juncture we have an obligation to reasonably manage it. And here is where the problem lies. Hunting is really the only way to cull the herd. But the minute you try to hunt the wolves, the anti's either sue, or lobby hard to create legislation to stop it. Their lack of understanding, or maybe they just do not care, becomes a huge problem. As a result of their ignorance, they end up doing more harm than good.

So I now come full circle..... since humans cannot be trusted to do the right thing, maybe wolves should not be allowed. But that screws up the eco-system as well.
This is exactly how I feel about it all and the most sensible way to think about the situation

Squincher

WKR
This is exactly how I feel about it all and the most sensible way to think about the situation
Well, if that's how YOU feel, I guess it MUST be the most sensible, right? I mean everyone knows the elk and deer populations just got completely out of hand after wolves were shot out. Livestock, too. How in the world did ranchers keep from just getting covered up in cattle with no wolves to keep them in check?

One-shot

Lil-Rokslider
An elk hunter welcomes wolves

I don't even live in Colorado and this pisses me off. Living in Montana, I've seen the impact wolves have had on our elk and would hate to see this happen to Colorado. Somebody debate this guy on a podcast or something. Probably one of the most egregious examples of hunters eating their own is to supporting the reintroduction of wolves into a declining elk population. So many issues with this.
It’s not just that wolf predating on elk reduces chances for trophy and recreational hunters. For many of us who rely on hunting as part of the household economy, wolves are taking a lean, healthy protein source right from our mouths. There was a clear necessity for earlier westerners to eliminate food source competition.

Adrico

FNG
If I was to guess who introduced and want more wolf introduction, It would be the same people that make the disastrous decisions that destroy the liberties in this country, and those brainwashed by them and the media.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know if "hunters" in the modern sense is the best word for that, it's more like people being people. Grizzlies are cool until they aren't. Walking around the woods of Montana in the dark, or checking horses at night, or looking for lost chickens you begin to realize why people might have the thought of just getting rid of grizzlies wholesale.

Sustenance hunting during our nation's expansion took a big toll. No question. Fortunately they did learn and removal of wolves played a role in these facts:

In 1907, only 41,000 elk remained in North America. Today there are more than 1 million.

In 1900, only 500,000 whitetails remained. Today there are more than 32 million.

In 1900, only 100,000 wild turkeys remained. Today there are over 7 million.

In 1950, only 12,000 pronghorn remained. Today there are more than 1.1 million.

Do you think these species would have flourished if the wolves weren't nearly wiped out? (Rhetorical question-there is no argument)