Any reason why mountain house went smaller size with there meals?

When I started backpacking at 16 I would buy Burger King double cheeseburgers, they were something like 2 for 2$ back then. I would buy 2/night for however many nights I was out, they were pretty stable until day 4 or so. Then fill in with snacks. The good old days
But did you also bring McMuffins for breakfast? They are apparently shelf and saddle bag stable for days. I have this on good authority.

KHNC

WKR
Lot smaller turd piles in the backcountry. Cutting back on methane emissions is my guess.

No, they should continue with their normal meal sizes and just raise the prices if they need to. I'll pay higher prices for what I use........I won't pay the same or higher price for less than I use. Heck, it wasn't long ago that I'd eat two of the full size 2.5 serving MH meals in one meal.
Your in luck

They sell meals in the”classic” larger package

Then they have the newer smaller silver and blue packages that are “ 2 servings “ most in the 500-600 calorie range.

Also they still have the pro pacs

Lots of options, just make sure you buy the one you wanted!

I prefer Peak and some others. I am usually looking for about 600-800 cals from a meal so I don’t mind that mountain house is changing things up. Some of their meals had whacky serving sizes. I lived off of MREs too long to be really picky, especially in the woods but I do think mountain house is behind the times in terms of their flavors. Peak and a few others are just better tasting
IMO.

I am not picky but mountain house tastes way better than peak refuel… although peak refuel has a better nutritional profile