Any of you have a list of your Firearms?

Stalker69

WKR
You guys don't think these lists you give the insurance company, may not come back to haunt you ? I even had the doctors office ask me if I had any guns in the house. Of course I don't, they all fell overboard. And wernt listed with my insurance company either. I don't trust our governent one bit. The less they know about me the better, imo.

Afhunter1

WKR
My father just passed away a few months ago. He never invested in anything other than guns so now I have a lot of guns in my house. Actually my house more than doubled in value when I brought them home. Ha ha. I’m really worried. I need to sell a bunch but I wish I could take out an ins policy on them for a reasonable amount of money. Too many crackheads out there that do dumb shit now a days.

bama85

FNG
I have a list and my brother in-law has a copy. I also have a copy of his.

Stalker69

WKR
I might be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. You never know what type of people insurance Co. have working for them. Never, ever, trust anyone..............................................
Just like the credit card companies and pay pal not allowing firearm related items to be bought or sold. Paypal, if item don't get shipped or is lost, they won't cover " insure" it. Even the atf going through dealers records. No company nor The goverment can be trusted. If the democrats win this next election, it's going to get far far worse.

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
After my divorce 22 years ago where she wanted half of the value of everything that I had, at her grossly inflated values, and regardless of when I got things, I started making computer files of most things that I have, with pictures and purchase costs.

Snowwolfe

Lil-Rokslider
You guys don't think these lists you give the insurance company, may not come back to haunt you ? I even had the doctors office ask me if I had any guns in the house. Of course I don't, they all fell overboard. And wernt listed with my insurance company either. I don't trust our governent one bit. The less they know about me the better, imo.
How would it come back and haunt a person?

Stalker69

WKR
The insurance company telling the goverment exactly what weapons you own. If the dems win the election, it's going to get real bad.

Last edited:

cornchuck

FNG
I have a list on a thumb drive and a hard copy.
I list:
Make/ Model
Price
Date when I got it in my hands
Where I got it or inherit it
Barrel twist rate
Plus I have a list of what was done to that one firearm like scope, rings, if i change triggers, and any other accessories, when I out them on and the price.

Jason

Oldrifle

FNG
I developed a list with all of the information I knew about the gun, including its history, and I made a video.

Orlando

FNG
I worked insurance claims for many years. It was really painful to see a housefire, especially one that destroyed all the guns with sentimental value. That being said, having a list of your guns with serial numbers is a very good idea, with pictures is even better. This makes the claim much easier to adjust for all involved. I also like the idea of noting the gun's history and who they should go to when I croak.
Finally, what about ammo? I have no idea how much I have in ammo. But, it's a lot. Time to do an inventory and take photos of everything....

While I'm on the subject, take photos of every room in the house and put these in a safe place. If you ever have a major house fire, you will be glad you did. It's difficult to remember everything you have in the house.
My 2 cents.

Macintosh

WKR
My insurance was capped at a pretty low value, only a rider would cover beyond that. I figure you have 3 choices:
1) no one gets to know what you have, so you are basically choosing to have your guns uninsured.
2) you go through whatever list-making excercise they want in order to get said insurance rider.
3) if you were especially paranoid AND wanted insurance I suppose you could insure the valuable stuff and keep some stuff off the list.

Honyock

WKR
Make sure you know how much your homeowner's policy covers. A lot of policies only cover $2,500 unless you have a rider for more. $2,500 won't cover a gun and scope.

Check out Gun and Trophy Insurance. They have good prices and a good reputation. No inventory or SN required. I do have both of my guns listed by serial number.

hunterjrg

FNG
I keep a list with Make,Model, cal, price, date purchased and any custom work done.

Pilsner

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think it's overly paranoid to not want your insurance company to know what firearms you have. But I imagine there are privacy laws protecting us from being released without a court order or warrant.

When i looked into a rider for my gun collection, it was fairly expensive.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
We added $10k rider to our home owners for right around a $100/year