Any of you have a list of your Firearms?

Torrent50

FNG
My homeowners had a $2500 total limit and only $500 per firearm so I added a separate policy. I gave them a list and fo my best to keep it updated as I buy/sell guns. It was a bit of a shock when I totaled up what I had.

Wrench

WKR
I've not seen a homeowner policy that pays more than 3k without a rider.

Antares

WKR
My personal articles policy lists the make, model, sn#, value, and date purchased. I think I have $25-30k worth of stuff listed on there and I want to say the annual premium $130 or something.

cfounta1

FNG
I have a list with make model and serial numbers. Not sure I’d want my wife to see the $$$

I have a list somewhere that I made after a buddy was effected by a house fire.

I think you would be better off to just lay them out and take pictures and include serial numbers.

ShortMagFan

Lil-Rokslider
I feel the same way. I talked to my insurance company about contingent coverage for my firearms and as soon as they told me they needed a list of my firearms with make, model, caliber, and serial numbers, I said, nope! They don’t need to know what I have and how many I may or may not have.
Good luck with your claim if you ever have a loss. Most homeowners policies have an absurdly low limit on firearms without a rider.

I have a rider for the really valuable guns that I own. Others I just chance itn

IDVortex

WKR
Not today ATF.

in seriousness, what are some companies that deal with firearms and accessories fir insurance? My insurance I think is about 3 or 400 per gun.

I was told a few years ago while insurance shopping for my house to try the nra because that company wouldn’t cover any firearms. Maybe try uscca as well.

Theres several here that would be highly upset if they had a house fire and they quickly learned their collection wasn’t covered by their insurance. There’s several here that don’t want people to have a list, so they don’t make a list, but are already on a list. You’ll protect every asset you have but your firearms, and for some it’s a substantial amount that you may not realize.

EdP

WKR
I have a list for my heirs so they have some idea of the value and if they have any family history. I need to put a copy in my safe deposit box because if I had a fire both the firearms and the list would burn up.

Antares

WKR
My State Farm homeowners was $800 TOTAL for all firearms. My personal articles policy is through them. It’s easy to update, which I try to do annually to reflect any buying or selling I’ve done. This isn’t just for firearms. All my rifle scopes, spotters, and binos are on there. That s*** adds up.

def90

WKR
Insurance through a company that specifically deals with firearms.

The market doesn't care about sentimental value unless the firearm belonged to someone famous or was used during a historic event in which case you need a ton of paperwork to back up your claims. Value for those firearms would be the same as any other comparable firearm.

MattB

WKR
What is everyone’s thoughts on showing the insurance company a list of all their firearms? I was very leery of doing so and finally decided not to.

I do have a list that I keep and every year will make a new video of the two that didn’t fall in the lake in a boating accident.

Ryan
Why would you show them a list? I would get a reasonable estimate for the total value and explore how it would be covered and if you needed a separate rider based on that.