Any of you all run a Winch on your truck?

Weldor

WKR
Agreed, I have 3 snatch blocks makes it super easy to rig and pull yourself out backwards if needed.

I love having a winch, but I chose to just put a receiver in front to accept it when needed. I can use it in the front or rear and have used it in both. I’ve added an inverter for AC power and an quick disconnect for solar panel and onboard solar controller if the weather turns really cold and the truck hasn’t been started in a few days it can make a huge difference.

jolemons

WKR
Most common self extraction for me is when I've slid off of the road. I use either my headache rack or rear bumper as an attachment point coupled with a tree to pull my vehicle at an angle back onto the road. This is especially helpful when you've slid into a ditch or road edge has steep grade too it.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I have heard a lot of people talk about the Harbor Freight Badlands series of winches. Have never seen one used yet. Nice to hear they seem to work well.
I know about a dozen people using them. No issues.

One friend has one on his wheeler, and a warn sitting in the shop.

When I researched smitty people said you had to take them apart and grease them up inside or they would corrode and fail.

Also have read sun degrades the synthetic rope.

I run the good old reliable Warn M series, made in USA, w a steel rope.

Warn 8k synthetic on my Jeep, 12k warn on my F250, and a warn on a ATV. I use them way more other things than getting out...I also have soft shackles, blocks, tree straps, bungee tow straps for both vechiles.
I like warn they are easy to service/rebuild and get parts..the one one my ATV is 21 years old and working fine.