Any leads on 77 TMK coming back in stock?

Matt5266

WKR

SloppyJ

WKR
I saw some pop up on precision reloading last week. Luckily I snagged 500 a couple weeks ago. They seem to be popping up within the past week. Keep an eye out.

OP
Duh

Duh

WKR
Had a notification that Powder Valley had the 77 TMKs in stock

Matt5266

WKR
Not to de-rail the thread but I've tried searching on here for some good load data info on the 77 tmk and cant find any. This is the first time I'll be hand loading them in my newish Tikka. If someone could possibly message me a link or send me what has worked for you I'd appreciate it. Mine is chopped at 18 inches. About what distance is that dropping off to 1800 fps? PM is fine. As I said I dont want to derail this thread but I don't want to start a new post either just because my search game is weak. Thanks

Not to de-rail the thread but I've tried searching on here for some good load data info on the 77 tmk and cant find any. This is the first time I'll be hand loading them in my newish Tikka. If someone could possibly message me a link or send me what has worked for you I'd appreciate it. Mine is chopped at 18 inches. About what distance is that dropping off to 1800 fps? PM is fine. As I said I dont want to derail this thread but I don't want to start a new post either just because my search game is weak. Thanks

If starting from scratch, my desired powders in order of preference would be:
Stick powder: H4895, 8208XBR, Benchmark, Varget (I haven't used Viht in a 223).
Ball powder: Leverevolution, TAC, Staball match

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For target practice purposes is there really any reason to favor the 77tmk over the 73eldm? TBD on how each respectively shoot in my 223, I'm gathering things up at the moment.

Matt5266

WKR
For target practice purposes is there really any reason to favor the 77tmk over the 73eldm? TBD on how each respectively shoot in my 223, I'm gathering things up at the moment.
I have several hundred of each at the moment with the plan of mostly shooting the 73s throughout the year but with hunting season fast approaching I'd like to start working up loads on the 77s since I just got some.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have several hundred of each at the moment with the plan of mostly shooting the 73s throughout the year but with hunting season fast approaching I'd like to start working up loads on the 77s since I just got some.
I can't hunt with 223 so that aspect of the tmk is irrelevant for the most part (for my usages). The BC are similar between the two, didn't know if there was any reason to focus on one or the other with the hunting consideration removed.

I spoke with one of Sierra's people just a few days ago, asking when they were going to be making 77gr TMKs again, and was told "we are beginning production on the #7177 22 77 TMK very soon".

So...maybe a few weeks? A month or so? Either way, market should be resupplied again in the "very soon" future.