Any guessing on Wyoming general point level?

I know with all of Wyoming changes this year there’s no telling what the regular draw is going to take for region E,S and W. My prediction is 7+ for West, 5+ for south and 3 for East. But I’m fearful I’m too optimistic. There are so many variables that has changed it’s hard to tell. But I’m surprised I haven’t seen anyone make predictions on rokslide. Listening to a podcast with huntin fool guys it sounds like there may be more fellas going into the special draw than I thought. I will not be one of them.

Going to be some happy outfitters on the East side and some big bulls taken.
Wasn’t that the point of the whole change? Yes… it was. If I ever decide to become an outfitter again, it will definitely be in Wyoming.

The way I read the proposal it said “we’re sick of all these do it yourself guys drawing tags and using them on public land on the west side. We need to reserve elk licenses specifically for our areas with expensive private property leases”

Last edited:
Wasn’t that the point of the whole change? Yes… it was. If I ever decide to become an outfitter again, it will definitely be in Wyoming.

The way I read the proposal it said “we’re sick of all these do it yourself guys drawing tags and using them on public land on the west side. We need to reserve elk licenses specifically for our areas with expensive private property leases”
who are they, i might be willing to spend the money?

And just do a search for elk outfitters on private land in areas like unit seven. Think Wagonhound and you’ll get the picture. Are you willing to spend 17K?
maybe, i have killed quite a few elk solo in the panhandle and it might be nice to have an "Elk vacation hunt."
I don't have kids and own a succesful company. I can't take it with me. Last year my solo spartan camp was fun and all, but big bulls, beds and good food is not a bad thing every now and then.

maybe, i have killed quite a few elk solo in the panhandle and it might be nice to have an "Elk vacation hunt."
I don't have kids and own a succesful company. I can't take it with me. Last year my solo spartan camp was fun and all, but big bulls, beds and good food is not a bad thing every now and then.
Killed plenty of bulls. When I look at the racks around my house, I can remember where I shot them and a lot of things about that hunt. If I paid $17,000 to kill a bull every time I looked at it on the wall the only thing I would think is “I can’t believe I spent $17,000 on that damn bull“ 🤣

Mojave

WKR
I am a known doom and gloomer.

General
West 8
East 5
South 7 (close proximity to Salt Lake and Denver).

Special
West 7
East 4 (people who have hunts booked and want to ensure they have a tag. Even if it is by pooling points).
South 4 close proximity to Salt Lake and Denver).

I think pretty much everyone is gonna play the "wait and see how it plays out" card, and the few brave souls that actually apply are gonna draw with 1-2 points.
I have 10 points I need to spend here soon. My thought is to wait and see how the price affects the special odds. The more I think about it though I wonder if a lot of people will do that. Maybe I should throw my app in for a good unit in the special and see if I get lucky.