And now Walmart...

TheCougar

WKR

I’m really disappointed they caved. There is no logic in moves like this other than pandering to a crowd that will only be satisfied when they outlaw firearms altogether. Looks like MidwayUSA is going to need to buy more backstock of 223 and handgun bullets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just sent them an email.

Don't think because you (Walmart) ran everyone in rural America out of business that you can dictate to us simpletons what the **** we are responsible enough buy. Go ahead and try to impose the Walmart corporate mindset into policy that influences the American political system. You use to get atlest half my paycheck but now you traded that away for big head lines, better clip them out and put them in the bank where my money use to be.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

ODB

WKR
You know, maybe it wasn’t the greatest idea to begin with to have discount mega-monolithic stores sell guns.

Ratbeetle

WKR
You know, maybe it wasn’t the greatest idea to begin with to have discount mega-monolithic stores sell guns.

And why is that? The same 4473 and nics check that applies to mom and pop gun stores applies to those mega stores just the same. It's not as if the size of the store changes the process.

ODB

WKR
Regardless of the 4473, maybe guns should be handled a little bit different than legos. As we’ve seen plenty of times (and I’ve sold hundreds and hundreds of guns) the 4473 is an imperfect beast built by a system that has no interest in feeding it the information it needs to be truly effective.

7Bartman

WKR
In other news, Bass Pro and the other retailers probably just raised their ammo prices. Very few local stores to shop anymore and Amazon isn't selling ammo. I'd be in favor of an open carry ban, with a Federal conceal carry to replace it. I've never been a fan of open carry and think it is unwise in the times. Here in MD I can't even conceal carry (unlike the criminals).

Trr15

WKR
Things are going to get interesting as we approach the next election. A lot of strong anti-gun rhetoric out there right now. Beto O'Rourke down here in TX is going hard at black rifles, claiming owners will have to sell them back to the government. The political divide continues to widen and guns are in the crosshairs now more than ever it seems.

Midwest.Bushlore

Lil-Rokslider
Doesn't seem like a great business decision since 10% of all ammo sold in the US is sold by WM. But as folks have oft reminded me, a corporation has a right to do whatever it wants.

vermeire

Lil-Rokslider
In other news, Bass Pro and the other retailers probably just raised their ammo prices. Very few local stores to shop anymore and Amazon isn't selling ammo. I'd be in favor of an open carry ban, with a Federal conceal carry to replace it. I've never been a fan of open carry and think it is unwise in the times. Here in MD I can't even conceal carry (unlike the criminals).
Please think about this a little more. The logic that gets us to an open carry ban in favor of federal reciprocity is the same logic that gets black rifles banned in favor of bolt guns and shotguns. It's a restriction that gives the anti-2A crowd a foothold.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
It's a little sad, scary, and dumbfounding when there are actually people out there that believe that restricting the 99% is a logical move when only 1% are the problem. Just think about that for a moment. And some of those that think this way are actually running our country. I'm not even sure how they find their way out of bed every day.......it's mindboggling.

ncstewart

WKR
It's a little sad, scary, and dumbfounding when there are actually people out there that believe that restricting the 99% is a logical move when only 1% are the problem. Just think about that for a moment. And some of those that think this way are actually running our country. I'm not even sure how they find their way out of bed every day.......it's mindboggling.

It is sad but the truth is those politicians don’t believe the verbal diarrhea that comes out their mouths. It’s a political game to get elsewhere and if tearing down this country mean more money than they will do it. Greed is powerful

Now for the sheep that follow the fools I can’t imagine what those people are thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adkhunter

FNG
Doesn't seem like a great business decision since 10% of all ammo sold in the US is sold by WM. But as folks have oft reminded me, a corporation has a right to do whatever it wants.

It was more like 20% of ammo nation wide. But that’s the whole point, limit the sale and tax the heck out of ammo because they can’t get out right bans through legislation or the courts. CA and NY are perfect examples.

Private sales ban will be passed before the next election, heck even our gov here in TX looks like he will support that and I thought he was the best supporter we had.

Give an inch and the anti’s will just push harder. And being an ex-NY’er I lived it and I can tell you big Don T is no friend of guns.

I give it 10 years for an all out ban. That train is rolling down the tracks.

I stopped going to wal mart when they stopped selling guns and ammo to anybody under 21. Everybody else seemed to ignore that just fine in order to keep buying cheap garbage.

I stopped going to wal mart when they stopped selling guns and ammo to anybody under 21. Everybody else seemed to ignore that just fine in order to keep buying cheap garbage.
Bingo cheap garbage and not to mention walmart Is killing the small time farmer like myself

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

They are still selling ammo and guns, just deciding to only sell certain kinds of ammo. I would guess they were going to do that anyway, eventually. Why sell ammo for weapons you don’t sell? None of you will believe this, but Walmart doesn’t make their money on guns and ammo. They had tragic things happen in their stores and they needed to respond. Although I don’t agree with their decision, we live in a free country and it is theirs to make. Great time for any of you who want to open up a shop and start selling guns and ammo. They are giving free access to the system they created in house for selling guns.

Also, maybe it will help you guys living in the overcrowded hunting states out west. 😎

IMO it opens up another avenue of approach for the anti gun crowd.

If the anti2a crowd raise hell with Walmart, Dicks, Kroger etc. and get them out of the business of guns and ammo, then they push the whole industry further to the margins. You end up with situations like REI rejecting Vista Outdoors and then vista is forced to sell its firearms related businesses in order to get back in with REI. It turns into death by slow strangulation. If you can’t win head to head against 2A, tax guns, tax ammo, pressure retailers, create regulation and administration friction. It is an effective strategy and one we will see more of in the coming years.

Heck, Walmart is probably complicit in killing more people by selling bad food, cigarettes and booze in any given year than they ever will be by selling guns or bullets. You don’t hear a peep about them pulling Marlboros or twinkies off the shelves.