Anchorage Roksliders?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anchorage Area Roksliders?

How many we got? Anyone shoot regularly at Full Curl?

Last edited:

pa-pride

FNG
+1! There has to be more! I have been neglecting archery for the last year or so, I usually shoot on JBER when I do.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are in Wasilla, and shoot at Screaming Eagle some during the winter months. Planning to have an outdoor range set up at our house in the spring....

Ray

WKR
Anchorage, but no archery hunting even with growing up with a recurve in my hand.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I’m jealous Becca!

Trust me its not as impressive as it sounds...just 5-6 targets from 20-80 yards with a good back stop and able to shoot from the ground or off of our 15' elevated deck. But better than what we had before....maybe take my bow for spring black bears next year and Becca might two, but being as she can shoot two we'll bring atleast one rifle along as well. :D

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would have thought for sure there were more Anchorage folks on here.. ;)

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am in Palmer I have shot at screaming eagle and back country. Full curl I always hit on their days off.
Bummer.. They are closed on Mon & Tues and the normal Holidays and of course during the ATA show in Jan (??). Good folks, always helpful, but man has the place been crowed lately.

Flatbow

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Anchorage but mostly shoot my recurve in the yard, do the shoots at Kincaid when I'm in town. Always looking for a trad partner.

G Posik

WKR
Travel to Anchorage a lot. Will have to start packing the recurve with me and get some shooting in with you guys.

Glenn

jherald

WKR
I'm in between Anchorage and South West AK. Don't shoot archery but it's something I have a desire to get into. Anyone have any tips on a good starter set-up for a compound?

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
The answer I got when I started was: go to a good shop, tell them your price range and then shoot a few. With bows, it seems the bow finds you vs. you find the bow. Full Curl is a great shop to help you get set up.

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
Eagle River. Pissed that Archers Den closed. I mostly take my dogs for a walk out to the Birchwood outdoor shoot. Can't beat the price! Plus 20yds is weak sauce.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bump... Those Colorado guys are all over the group training hikes.. Spring is coming, we should do a few hikes...

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Bump... Those Colorado guys are all over the group training hikes.. Spring is coming, we should do a few hikes...

I'm down if I'm around...bump I'm not an Anchorage RokSlider so not sure if I get to come. Maybe meet up at Eklutna and do twin peaks or something so its centerally located better? Becca and I try to do that one every once in a while and once we can bike back to bold ridge we do that one as well.