Anchorage Roksliders?

I would be all over this as well. I'm just now getting ready to head up to Bear Mountain/Mt. Eklutna.
qadygeny.jpg

Ray

WKR
I have been trying to get up Near Point at least once a week this spring. My stoopid old body has been slowing me down this winter.

With this weather anytime outside is great. Love early spring.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm down if I'm around...bump I'm not an Anchorage RokSlider so not sure if I get to come. Maybe meet up at Eklutna and do twin peaks or something so its centerally located better? Becca and I try to do that one every once in a while and once we can bike back to bold ridge we do that one as well.
Close enough Luke. : ) I should have said Anchorage Area. ;)

The hard part is aligning everyone schedules...

I like to do the back side of Flattop, but not sure conditions are ready for that yet... Its close and quick enough a guy can do it an evening after work.

deadwolf

WKR
Anchorage guy here, though not a bow hunter yet. Though we are all spread out, as Alaskans I'm sure we are used to driving, so a training hike or get together shouldn't be too much trouble?

jherald

WKR
I was on a short hike yesterday, met a pretty straight up guy who was out doing the same thing I was doing, taking photos of sheep. Had a nice chat about hunting then went our separate way on the mountain. Didn't ask if he was a rokslider though.

spdcrazy

Lil-Rokslider
I took a trial run with my new pack and loadout as well. i'm not in as good of shape as i thought! but it was a beautiful day!

rob.jpg

Attachments

• rob.jpg
    rob.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 42

cwh

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in Anchorage, shoot a bit of archery, although mostly in the yard (which really sucks in winter). Wife has been shooting at full curl, and I really dig that shop - great folks.

If you boys and girls get together for a hike or whatever, give a shout. Guess I should check the rally point forum more often...

Floorguy

WKR
I am in the valley not a training hike but some friends rode some of crevasse-moraine. Would have been better with studs I ate it on a long straight stretch of ice. Luckily all the ice was gone from the descents. Went from the hospital down past long lake came out on the highway by canoe lake and rode the highway back to the truck, not a long ride but was nice to get out.

Last edited:
Any of you guys headed to the ABA Banquet this coming weekend? My wife and I will be there, hoping it's a good time.

Anybody in the Anchorage area up for bagging a peek tomorrow 4/10? I just got done doing bear mountain for the umpteenth time this year and I'm starting to get sick of it, although, it sure is beautiful up there on days like today.
9arubudy.jpg

a2ezu2uz.jpg

uruhytun.jpg

pymyjuhy.jpg

Brent49

FNG
Anyone try out the shooting range on maud rd since they shut it down and did the construction? I haven't been there yet but it sounds like it's a lot like the one in Valdez.