An NWT Adventure of a Lifetime

Bowfinatic

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you! We aged him at 9 and the game officer also aged him at 9 when I got him plugged. We didn't score him but got some rough measurements at camp and got him at 37.5 for length and 13.5 inch bases. They take some incredible rams up there, seeing some of them sitting above the salt table before heading out really got the blood pumping! Is the ram in your avatar from Gana?
Yes it is
Mine was 36" long with 12.25 base
11 yr old scored 151

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
Great write up and trip! I hunted with Gana River in 1999 for a backpack hunt. I shot a great ram on the first day our of our spike camp, and got a Wolverine when we were packing our camp and my ram back to the Super Cub pickup point.

We then flew out to another spike camp for caribou at a place where the previous hunters had shot 3 wolves. One great caribou eluded us, and the majority of caribou had moved out of that area. On the 3rd day I shot a good bull that I had passed on the day before several miles from camp was about 150 yards from our camp, so didn't look that gift horse in the mouth, as they say. They preserved the velvet back at base camp, and my taxidermist was able to mount him with full velvet antlers.

I also signed our camp cabin wall, noting my 3 animals.

OP
ReddingArcher
Great write up and trip! I hunted with Gana River in 1999 for a backpack hunt. I shot a great ram on the first day our of our spike camp, and got a Wolverine when we were packing our camp and my ram back to the Super Cub pickup point.

We then flew out to another spike camp for caribou at a place where the previous hunters had shot 3 wolves. One great caribou eluded us, and the majority of caribou had moved out of that area. On the 3rd day I shot a good bull that I had passed on the day before several miles from camp was about 150 yards from our camp, so didn't look that gift horse in the mouth, as they say. They preserved the velvet back at base camp, and my taxidermist was able to mount him with full velvet antlers.

I also signed our camp cabin wall, noting my 3 animals.
Thats awesome to hear you had a great hunt at Gana also! I'd love to see pictures of your animals. That place is incredible, after being there I definitely want to go back! I foolishly didnt get a wolverine tag and ended up having a shot at one after taking my ram and caribou, I wont make that mistake again!