Ambient / Active insulation w pit zips?

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a jacket like this?

As soon as I get moving, I run very hot, so would love to have the option of pit zips in an ambient style jacket. It’s always a game changer when I open them in my rain jacket if I’m using it as a windbreaker.

Thanks

S

croben

WKR
Are you using the actual Ambient jacket? That jacket has 150 grams of primaloft insulation, which would be way too much for me to be doing any hiking in. Even the Ambient 100 would be too much for me. I generally wear the Stone Glacier Cirque Lite as my mid or outer layer depending on the temps. It’s 60 grams, but is great both when moving and static. I can’t think of any jackets like this that have pit zips though.

OP
L
Are you using the actual Ambient jacket? That jacket has 150 grams of primaloft insulation, which would be way too much for me to be doing any hiking in. Even the Ambient 100 would be too much for me. I generally wear the Stone Glacier Cirque Lite as my mid or outer layer depending on the temps. It’s 60 grams, but is great both when moving and static. I can’t think of any jackets like this that have pit zips though.
I have just had the FL Klamath grid fleece up until now but so rarely wear it under my bino harness if moving at all, as I get too hot.

Considering one of the active jackets that allows front and pit zips ideally as I’ve found those most helpful for dumping heat during mild hiking then can zip up if super windy or stand to glass a short bit.

I’ve worn my chugach rain jacket as a windbreaker when cold and breezy and those zips wide open make it doable on non strenuous hiking.