Kuiu bird vest fall 2024

Fireman03

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like more “bigger is better” Kuiu philosophy. Remember the original bino harness? The size L was perfect for Swaro EL 10X42. When they introduced the “Pro” harness, the size L swallowed the same binos and had enough room left over for a sandwich.
Sounds pretty thought out to me

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

Mouth of Morrison
Have time for photo explanations...

The elastic top pocket on the front facing interior edge can fit something about the diameter of a Twinkie. I.e. a Garmin 550 or that little gorilla pod tripod thing I show. The downside is that the top is tight enough, at least as of yet, I can't get those things in there without looking or without a second hand.

The two elastic pockets on the interior long side of the pockets are about the same size and can fit an inReach mini easily, the wire cutters I show, etc. Those pockets are easier to get into.

The shell pockets themselves are big enough for a box of shells (I didn't try 12ga) or in my case the spray bottle and those above tools. The shell loops are closed on the bottom which I guess would keep shells from sliding too far, but might also catch debris. When the flap is tucked in, it covers the shell loops whether it is tucked all the way down or the Velcro is mated.

The phone pocket is a tacky material and it fits my pixel pro (not shown) easily. The photo is a galaxy 23 (I think).

The backpack area is large and I had that big medical pack in there as well as a 100oz water bladder. They fit fine together and you could put some other stuff in as well. There's a small exterior pocket at the top. Within that is a zippered security pocket with a tethered key clip. The jacket straps on back are a weird lever locking buckle I haven't seen before. They will take a little getting used to.

On the shoulder strap there's a water hose retaining clip band that seemed cool. With the CamelBak hose I used it took a little fiddling to get locked back down. It should have a fabric grab tab or I'll probably put a piece of cord there to make it easier to lock the hose down on the first try.

It looks like you could pop the stay out and trim it if you were short.

There are two (carbon?) stays that can fold out to hold the game bag open. They can be snapped around a loop within the game bag to lock it open. I'd bet with some practice a person could reach back and wedge the stay in the loop to open it temporarily if they had a big whopper of a bird to load. I'll practice and find out.

There is molle/pals on both left and right sides, where the game bag extends, and both interior and exterior.

On the bottom there are straps to expand/compress the game bag. The lumbar are is also not sewn at top and bottom, so I believe one could add a bigger lumbar pad of the wrap around type of they wanted.

@KickinNDishin did the Kuiu size exchange thing while I went to puppy training. She said it was easy and there was a free automated UPS label provided. She said it was easy, so we will see how long it takes to get the size replacement.

Added: I think the lettering wears off the water bottles easy.

Gotta let those knees breath

Puppy training was hot, but we were in the pokey field!

Last edited: