Am I crazy for not using a peep?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZsDiVgthbo

You mentioned worrying about a peep rotating. If your peep is properly installed and it does rotate, you have other problems such as a broken strand on your string. I only had this happen once and the broken strand was under the serving where I couldn't see it. It drove me nuts until I finally figured it out.

Check out the link I have provided for the proper way to install a peep and you will have no problems.

I actually watched that video last spring when I was thinking of putting one on. Thanks for the link again. I will probably have the shop put the first one on at the same time they reserve my serving.

DreamingBig, I think it depends on how accurate you want to be. I shoot tournament archery on at least 25 weekends a year. I have never seen a top archer without one. Target is different than hunting though, but I want to shoot the best I am capable of all the time. I use a peep along with served area where my nose will contact the string and my anchor, 3 points of contact. It is possible to look through your peep at different angles, especially uphill/downhill shots, causing you to be high or low. The served area on the string puts my head in exactly the same place everytime on any angle. If you have a max distance in mind for hunting then you need to be confident up to that yardage at minimum.

Update: I have made the switch and I am getting more and more used to the peep everday. I can't shoot the same spot with a 4 arrow group 30yards and in because I keep ruining arrows! I have stretched it out to 40 yards already with it (baby steps here!) and the accuracy over no peep is noticeable. I try to get 15 to 30 arrows in a day and will do so through august. I think I will be ready by September. Thanks for helping me make the switch!

Update: I have made the switch and I am getting more and more used to the peep everday. I can't shoot the same spot with a 4 arrow group 30yards and in because I keep ruining arrows! I have stretched it out to 40 yards already with it (baby steps here!) and the accuracy over no peep is noticeable. I try to get 15 to 30 arrows in a day and will do so through august. I think I will be ready by September. Thanks for helping me make the switch!

Honestly, I am glad you made the switch! You will be glad you did!

I shot my best 3d score ever last weekend with the peep. 46 of 46 targets hit with an average of over 8 on a 10/8/5 scoring system. Thanks for convincing me guys!

Back