AKEK Packs - Journey To Being USA Made

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys, just wanted to make an official thread about our journey to having our packs USA made.

As many already know our carbon frames are now 100% USA made.

AKEK will now be getting all Cordura material from the USA and most of its buckles from Duraflex USA.

As of now, sewing is being done in Vietnam. However, AKEK has also hired professionals to see if sewing can be brought into the USA, without affecting prices too much.

AKEK’s goal is to still provide the same high-end product, with minimal price increase, as it continues in its USA journey.

Turkeyfreak12

Lil-Rokslider
Transparency is really great. If I didnt have a pack that fit me perfectly already I would give an AKEK a try.

Build it in America and I will certainly consider it. Just like I would if a couple of the other companies would build theirs in the USA. Not 99% but 100%. And they know who they are. But they keep making excuses on why they can’t instead of looking for reasons why or how they could. There is no excuse for these companies anymore in light of China bringing our economy to its knees. If Kifaru and MR can do it, so can the rest of you. So disappointed that so many are willing to buy china goods when there are other choices……

Hey guys, just wanted to make an official thread about our journey to having our packs USA made.

As many already know our carbon frames are now 100% USA made.

AKEK will now be getting all Cordura material from the USA and most of its buckles from Duraflex USA.

As of now, sewing is being done in Vietnam. However, AKEK has also hired professionals to see if sewing can be brought into the USA, without affecting prices too much.

AKEK’s goal is to still provide the same high-end product, with minimal price increase, as it continues in its USA journey.
Good deal! Keep us posted, and I think it’s a smart move. Imo, there are enough great pack companies that build their packs here to justify not wearing a made in USA pack, and I’m not alone in that sentiment

I’m looking forward to seeing you guys transition to building here, and steps towards that are encouraging that you guys are going to stick around

WKR
If it's "all or nothing" as you suggest, then it dramatically raises the bar for companies who wish to bring part of their manufacturing or sourcing back to American soil. If a 95% product can be made at a competitive rate in the US but there is a constraint on the last 5%, according to your "all or nothing" attitude, the company should keep all mfg and sourcing overseas rather than bringing back the 95% that can be done in America.

95% made in America and 0% made in America are equivalent according to the "all or nothing" mantra.

It's a global economy and will remain so in some context for the foreseeable future. "All or nothing" is simply bad for American manufacturing.

If it's "all or nothing" as you suggest, then it dramatically raises the bar for companies who wish to bring part of their manufacturing or sourcing back to American soil. If a 95% product can be made at a competitive rate in the US but there is a constraint on the last 5%, according to your "all or nothing" attitude, the company should keep all mfg and sourcing overseas rather than bringing back the 95% that can be done in America.

95% made in America and 0% made in America are equivalent according to the "all or nothing" mantra.

It's a global economy and will remain so in some context for the foreseeable future. "All or nothing" is simply bad for American manufacturing.
Not as hard as you think. I just ordered a pair of Gaiters 100% made in the USA right on down to the thread. T & K. Look them up. I also just ordered some blue jeans 100% made in America. The company? Origin. Look them up. They also make hunting clothing. Also been buying 100% made in America camo and base layers from a company called XGO. There are choices out there. You are making excuses. Get on board man! Buy American! The sooner guys like you do, the sooner these other companies will have to come around. The more guys like you make excuses for them, the longer it will take these companies to come around……

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
Not as hard as you think. I just ordered a pair of Gaiters 100% made in the USA right on down to the thread. T & K. Look them up. I also just ordered some blue jeans 100% made in America. The company? Origin. Look them up. They also make hunting clothing. Also been buying 100% made in America camo and base layers from a company called XGO. There are choices out there. You are making excuses. Get on board man! Buy American! The sooner guys like you do, the sooner these other companies will have to come around. The more guys like you make excuses for them, the longer it will take these companies to come around……
Agree 100%. Realistically it's not possible.

WKR
A pair of pants and gaiters… Haha. Those are kindergarten level complexity products to make in the US. Now apply the same rule to appliances, vehicles, electronics. Good luck.

md126

WKR
Only a small fraction of MR are made in the USA and are Berry Compliant. Most of MR is made oversees.

SG’s R3 line is 100% USA made (Berry compliant)

Last edited: