The importance of Made in USA

On the same note, those of us who don't have the wool pulled over our eyes should not give views, clicks or follows to those in the industry that get paid to be schills for chinese manufactured, rebranded goods/optics.
And/or chinese companies whose entire business model since their beginning has been ripping off the IP of Made in USA companies and dodging lawsuits because they're Chinese. I always find it distasteful when people recommend or advertise for Leofoto, even if they do fill the sub-RRS market niche.

Holy buckets, man.

The cop-out comments in this thread are astounding. No wonder success rates are so low.

If 9,500 is too high for you, go to the grocery store. They probably have one of those little Rascal motorized buggies you can ride on so you don't get too tired pushing the cart.

By the time I arrive at the shop with a coffee, the employees are busy cutting, sewing, and getting products ready for shipment. When I started T & K in 2018, I knew I wanted to keep manufacturing within the United States. For me it was for patriotic reasons after serving in the Marine Corps.

As I opened the door today, all of the employees greeted me after coming back from Elk hunting in Colorado. I don't get to escape the shop often, as I keep pretty busy making sure people are outfitted for their hunts in the fall. I sat there with my coffee for several minutes and just watched. Sewing machines humming, laughing amongst co-workers, and buckets being filled up with gear. Sometimes we get used to the daily grind. We forget how awesome it is to see things being made by people you pass by in the grocery store. A work environment that differs greatly from overseas facilities. A very important aspect if you believe in basic human rights, livable wages, and a safe working environment.

The consumers who purchase from us have allowed us to create this American Made machine. We have sewing machine operators buying houses, cars, and going on vacations they wouldn't have been able to go on with their previous employers. Seeing it happen in front of your eyes gives you a sense of patriotism and purpose.

Not to mention the countless domestic raw material suppliers who benefit from American manufacturing (if said Made in USA companies are manufacturing per the Made in USA laws)

Check the tag and throw some extra money At USA Made if you can afford it - even though many companies that are Made in China and Made in Vietnam are price matching companies producing goods in the USA these days. So, it's really not a huge price difference. :)

By purchasing USA Made, you support a large tree of Americans all over the United States. Every sale and every dollar counts to maintain and create more jobs in this country. From the people creating the fabrics to the sewing machine operators completing the final product.

If you ever want to see our products being manufactured...be sure to follow us on social media and/or stop by our shop in Rapid City, South Dakota. It's pretty cool to see the products that you use in the field being creating before your eyes.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk.
There is almost nothing that I buy without looking at the label first, and for the reasons you delineated here. I had never been to your website. I took a peek. The prices are fair. I don't need any of your products, but I'll keep an eye on your shop in case you expand your line up. I saw the military discount too! Semper Paratus.

Turkeytider

Lil-Rokslider
God bless. Semper Fi, from another vet. Unfortunately, we`ve sold so much of our soul to China....and Malaysia.....and Vietnam......and India, etc., etc. that I seriously doubt that this country can find its way back to what it once was. It`s no longer the country we wore the uniform to protect. But I`d do it again.

JF_Idaho

Lil-Rokslider
I commend you.

I try, I really do. But I am definitely guilty of buying Chinese crap here and there as well. In this day and age it's become so convoluted.

"USA Made" but being made from foreign sourced materials, made on foreign sourced machines, etc

EPA regs forcing manufacturing of certain products overseas.

Chevrolet built in Mexico, Toyota built in USA 🤔

It's hard sometimes. But, thanks to your post for a reminder to try harder! 🇺🇲

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
Great post! What are your current plans for expanding your product offering? Also, make blaze orange great again please! Would love to see something like the discontinued "rapid rifle cover" in blaze orange.
We are always looking to expand our product line. We tend to launch things and see how they do for a year or so. When we pull the analytics we either keep them or get rid of them based on demand. We do a lot of blaze orange stuff in limited runs. We don't manufacture heavily with it as the demand is pretty moderate.

I'm not patriotic at all. But I do try to buy made in America stuff. And pay attention to the supply chain as well.

It really bugs me when companies do "final assembly" in the US, and plaster flags all over the packaging.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
I'm not patriotic at all. But I do try to buy made in America stuff. And pay attention to the supply chain as well.

It really bugs me when companies do "final assembly" in the US, and plaster flags all over the packaging.
Yea, like...you put a few screws in? Cool...haha

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
A look into our small shop manufacturing binocular harnesses, leg gaiters, pouches, beanies, and more!

Everything is cut with an industrial laser, which is also manufactured in the USA. All the pieces go to sewing for assembly...then they are cleaned, bagged, and shipped out all over the world. We don't have investors or a big budget for marketing, so we try to keep it small and try to be more personal and present with customers.

Last edited:

Stalker69

WKR
Looks like we may find out how important made in America can be. With world tension mounting up against the US, and we being 99% dependent on our " enemies" supplying us with just about everything important in our lives including our gas and oil. It could get real ugly here, real quick.

I like made in the USA. I’ve looked at your stuff before, but haven’t bought.

I’d consider your gaiters if the buckles were different and more importantly to the outside of the leg rather than the inside. I along with most folks I know occasionally rub our ankle area together when walking and having high profile metal buckles to the inside of the ankles is not desirable.

A model with low profile buckles, or no buckles to the inside of the foot might interest.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
I like made in the USA. I’ve looked at your stuff before, but haven’t bought.

I’d consider your gaiters if the buckles were different and more importantly to the outside of the leg rather than the inside. I along with most folks I know occasionally rub our ankle area together when walking and having high profile metal buckles to the inside of the ankles is not desirable.

A model with low profile buckles, or no buckles to the inside of the foot might interest.
The leg gaiter snap hooks can go to the outside or inside of the boot. It's user preference. There is no left or right gaiter. We made them that way on purpose. I wear mine and others do on the inside, but you can also wear them with the snap hooks on the outside of the boot. They are about as low profile as one can make them. The only other flat type of equipment would be a G hook, but we tested that and the steel wire can become dislodged, so a snap hook is required.

I walked through miles of dead fall in Colorado this year and had zero issues with tripping or having debris catch on any of the gaiter components.

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

Classified Approved
Looks like we may find out how important made in America can be. With world tension mounting up against the US, and we being 99% dependent on our " enemies" supplying us with just about everything important in our lives including our gas and oil. It could get real ugly here, real quick.
We should have never gotten heavily involved with China and producing in China in the 90's. Greed has put our country in a position to rely on countries that could collapse our economy if they wanted to.

Some products that come out of the ground can not be produced in the United States and that's understandable. Titanium as an example (correct me if I am wrong on that). But, if we can produce and extract it on US soil...it needs to happen. No if, ands, or buts about it.

I just feel bad for the miners, growers (cotton specifically), etc. that rely on growing and extracting resources from our ground to live. We need people in political offices that want their communities, states, and country to be more self reliant from a production stand point.