Affordable Elk/Deer knife

S-3 ranch

WKR
Go buy a CRKT folder for 20 bucks and learn to be good with that. Chances are you will leave it in one of the first couple of gut piles you make anyway. The replaceable blades knives are cool and not expensive, but not necessary either.
Or a firebird # F758M of eBay or Amazon , it’s a spyderco delica knockoff in 440C stainless
i skimp on price , but never quality 🇺🇸🇨🇱🇲🇽
image.jpg

I have been using a Gerber 3.5 inch blade folding knife and fixed blade Gerber about same size for about 17 years. They are both American made Gerbers. I use the plastic sharpeners with a coarse and fine sides. Knife was about $40? My brother gave me the fixed blade, he has more $ to spend and didn't like it! Sharpener is less than $10. U can spend a lot more but I have been happy with this cheap setup on about 20 deer and 3 elk.

GAmerican made Gerber, inexpensive knives that get the job done

Attachments

• 20211031_135811.jpg
    20211031_135811.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 18
The handle on the Gerber folder is lightweight plastic with some texture for grip. Camo color pattern. The fixed blade handle is thin hard plastic, not as good a grip as the folder. The steel on these knives is in a sweet spot for me - holds edge long enough to do a deer and also soft enough to sharpen easily with a few swipes .
Surprised no one has mentioned Buck 110 folder. They are too dang heavy I guess!

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I have one of these I’ve been very happy with. It’s a bit big for an EDC, but not overly so. I have it’s little brother too, which I do use as an EDC knife.

CIVIVI Folding Pocket Knife- Praxis Flipper Liner Lock Knife, 3.75" Black Stonewashed Blade with Micarta Handles, Reversible Clip for Everyday Carry Outdoor Use C803G https://a.co/d/2TTbTjM

fishslap

WKR
Buck pursuit or buck max lite, fixed, no gut hook. They fit your budget. I have both of these and have done a lot of animals with them. I tie a piece of orange paracord through the hole in the handle for visibility. Get a small pull through sharpener for easy touch up and get a small stone to learn how to use.

For my preferences... It's hard to beat an Esse Izula or Izula 2 at any price point.

And they're right at $75 online.

Light, TOUGH, take a great edge and hold it well, and an unbeatable warranty.