Advice on thermal Rattler vs Hogster vibe

bac078

FNG
So I am going to be getting in the thermal game. My budget is limited, so I've narrowed it down to the Hogster Vibe 35 and Rattler 35. 90% of my shots will be 100 yards and in. And the furthest shots will be at 150 max. Coyote and varmints are my targets. This will be mounted on an AR platform rifle. Recording video isnt important though I know they both have that capability.

My real question is this, I have an opportunity to get the Vibe 35 at $2500 and the Rattler at $2100. Is there any noticeable difference besides the extra 1 year warranty on the Bering? Im thinking of saving myself the $400 bucks if there isnt much difference

JLW66

FNG
i am also getting ready to take the plunge. I keep hearing base magnification is very important especially to coyote hunters at distance. when you raise the magnification you lower the display. There are several youtube videos out there that can explain it better than i can. I know that personally, its hard to shell out the $$$ and be wrong at these levels. Good luck in your search

OP
B

bac078

FNG
Yeah, been doing the same, watching youtube reading 4 different forums. I can't shell out $3k + or else i'd do the super hogster

satchamo

WKR
Yeah, been doing the same, watching youtube reading 4 different forums. I can't shell out $3k + or else i'd do the super hogster

I just went through this. The 35 is only 500 less than the SH. I’d find 500 somewhere and step up to the super hogster. The 3ish base mag is worth it over the 2 of the vibe 35

satchamo

WKR
I just went through this. The 35 is only 500 less than the SH. I’d find 500 somewhere and step up to the super hogster. The 3ish base mag is worth it over the 2 of the vibe 35

I say only $500… but sadly in thermal that’s not a ton…

OP
B

bac078

FNG
Funny you would recommend that. I caught a local dealer with a demo model super hogster, larue mount, and external pack for $2750. Being that its a demo, 4 year warranty is supposed to start from when I take possession (this Saturday). And if they nit pick, the dealer demo'd it in November so its really only 5 months old.

So Im super stoked to be stepping up to the SH even if its a bit more than I'll really need. But better to have more and not need it, than need more and not have it.

satchamo

WKR
Funny you would recommend that. I caught a local dealer with a demo model super hogster, larue mount, and external pack for $2750. Being that its a demo, 4 year warranty is supposed to start from when I take possession (this Saturday). And if they nit pick, the dealer demo'd it in November so its really only 5 months old.

So Im super stoked to be stepping up to the SH even if its a bit more than I'll really need. But better to have more and not need it, than need more and not have it.

That’s a good deal - I would have jumped on it myself. I just got the SH A3 last week. Was planning on going out tonight but my son picked up a stomach bug so I’m on vomit duty

Good luck with SH!

jpsobba

FNG
I run AGM personally and have no complaints. I personally run the ts50-640 rattler and the picture is incredible. I use the taipan tm25-384 to scan and it has a great picture as well. I'm an authorized AGM dealer. Would be happy to help anyone out if they would be interested in ordering anything from AGM.