ability hunt your own property?

Fordguy

WKR
I'm not much into the urban scene, is it that common to hunt 150 yards from someone's door?

If hunting with archery equipment, that close to a different property owner, can you really expect to recover that animal without needing permission from them anyways?

Are their any limitations to the size of the property this applies to? Or any landowner be it 4 acres or 400 needs to notify the neighbors? I think most my neighbors are notified anyways tho.
Lol. You make due with what you have. I've shot 3 bucks in the last 3 years (2 in archery season, 1 with a rifle) all less than 150 yards from my own door, less than 50 yards from a road and less than 100 yards from another property line. Somewhere between 150 and 200 yards from the neighbors house. None of the deer have managed to leave my property. Not saying that it won't happen eventually, but I'm picky about my shots, especially on my small property.
If you have 20 acres and your neighbors house is midway down and next to your property line, that 150 yards is a large chunk of your property that you can't hunt or shoot on. No one is suggesting that a person would shoot in the direction of the dwelling. According to that bill, you can't even shoot facing away from your neighbors place from within that 150 yard area on your own property.

Lol. You make due with what you have. I've shot 3 bucks in the last 3 years (2 in archery season, 1 with a rifle) all less than 150 yards from my own door, less than 50 yards from a road and less than 100 yards from another property line. Somewhere between 150 and 200 yards from the neighbors house. None of the deer have managed to leave my property. Not saying that it won't happen eventually, but I'm picky about my shots, especially on my small property.
If you have 20 acres and your neighbors house is midway down and next to your property line, that 150 yards is a large chunk of your property that you can't hunt or shoot on. No one is suggesting that a person would shoot in the direction of the dwelling. According to that bill, you can't even shoot facing away from your neighbors place from within that 150 yard area on your own property.

Taking your example of 20 acre square, if your neighbor has say the same square next to you, and their house is on the line, in the middle, that would exclude 7 acres for hunting.

I can see that not being pleasant, tho generally their are setbacks from property lines, so someone can't build directly to a property line, so the area wouldn't be quite the same (a 50' setback would take a 1/2 acre out, still 6.5 acres you can't hunt)

I just look out my door and my barns are getting to be 150 yards from my place, seems close to me but it's just a matter of perspective.

Does the 150 yards include your own dwelling? I assume it does, so that means 14 acres of a property you live on can't be hunted.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I'm sure it was someone from NJ who invented HOA's.
Sounds like just more of the same.

WCB

WKR
I'm not much into the urban scene, is it that common to hunt 150 yards from someone's door?

If hunting with archery equipment, that close to a different property owner, can you really expect to recover that animal without needing permission from them anyways?

Are their any limitations to the size of the property this applies to? Or any landowner be it 4 acres or 400 needs to notify the neighbors? I think most my neighbors are notified anyways tho.
There are varying land sizes that qualify when you are talking Urban hunting. Where I grew up in the outer suburbs our city was 3.5 acres to hunt. Gun or Archery.

In MN as long as you have permission on the property you are hunting or are on public land there is no set back distance for shooting/hunting. So theoretically if someone has there house 15ft off the property line I can shoot as long as I am on the public or adjoining private with permission of the landowner. Also, in MN you can recover game on unposted land without permission unless asked not to or to leave. I've shot a few deer on a 10 acre piece we used to have and even my parents 3.75 acre place we used to live at when I was in middle school- high school. Couple neighbors didn't care and the one behind us that I retrieved a couple deer off of either didn't care or never saw the deer tip over in there yard (heavily wooded).

I know in ND it is 440 yards unless consent is given on that property by the occupier OR you are on public land OR have permission/legally allowed to hunt the adjacent/adjoining property that may fall within that 440 yards.