AB Raptor suppressor - Reflex

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I bought this can with the expectation of using it without the reflex during hunting to cut weight. But I almost never take it off.
Same here, I figured I'd toss it or stuff it in a closet somewhere and forget what its for but I put it on my rifle with the reflex and it balances well so I haven't taken it off. I had a bunch of carbon come out of mine. I heard it in there and unscrewed it and dumped out a little pile.

Are end users still allowed to select which size reflex they can get? When I back ordered my raptors it seemed like there were no options and you could just get one the way they packaged it for sale at the factory which for me was Raptor 8 with a 3" reflex. Seems like one more superfluous think to obsess over. I figured they went to 3" for the default because the 1's and 2's don't do enough to make a difference and the 4's and 5's are awkwardly long.

@AZ_Hunter
My 3” sporter-profile reflex has a crapload of carbon in it and weighs 4.6 oz. 8-stack and 3” is 13.4 oz. I’m guessing 2500ish rounds through it without cleaning. I bought this can with the expectation of using it without the reflex during hunting to cut weight. But I almost never take it off.
Same. And I never take it off now also. I think gun balances better with it on.

ElPollo

WKR
Same here, I figured I'd toss it or stuff it in a closet somewhere and forget what its for but I put it on my rifle with the reflex and it balances well so I haven't taken it off. I had a bunch of carbon come out of mine. I heard it in there and unscrewed it and dumped out a little pile.

Are end users still allowed to select which size reflex they can get? When I back ordered my raptors it seemed like there were no options and you could just get one the way they packaged it for sale at the factory which for me was Raptor 8 with a 3" reflex. Seems like one more superfluous think to obsess over. I figured they went to 3" for the default because the 1's and 2's don't do enough to make a difference and the 4's and 5's are awkwardly long.
When I bought mine, it was what the LGS had in stock. Then they held it for 8 months until the paperwork got approved. As I understand it, the increase in the speed of ATF approvals has made raptors a little harder to get. You have to order them now and wait on backorder. I assume you can get it any way you want, but I wouldn’t t one that was bigger or smaller. The three inch sporter-profile reflex on the 8-stack just works really well.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Some dealers you can order one configured as desired. Most others stock one of a few standard configurations and AB will swap out infired parts to your preference (for $50 or such).