A Sheep Dream Come True

Finally had a chance to read this through, a great account of an AWESOME trip Steve! Thanks again for making this couples trip a reality, it was very special indeed! Fun reliving it thru your story and photos, great memories. Look forward to many more trips with you and Flor!

Would like to thank everyone for the kind words.

Just got home from a trip to my Doctor, I knew my knee was worn out before this trip, but was told I could have it scoped and get a few more years out of it.

Well, fresh xrays today, Doc says the right knee is toast. Total knee replacement only option, so this may have been my last sheep hunt. I pray that I will be able to once again be able to get into sheep country.

Any replacement knee sheep hunters here? Could use some good news stories. Not really a sit on the couch kinda guy.

Only time will tell I guess, but if this hunt ends up being my last hunt of this type, I could not have ask for a better way to end my sheep hunting. I was blessed with being able to go with my Son last year and my wife and best friends this year.

Not going to give up by any means, just might have to slow my roll...

Video from last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAC30Bk2tG0

Stid, I hunted with a guy this year that had numerous plates, screws, and pins holding a knee together. He did just fine, in a very demanding hunt.

No need for dramatics, if there is will, there is a way. You'll be just fine.

Stid, I hunted with a guy this year that had numerous plates, screws, and pins holding a knee together. He did just fine, in a very demanding hunt.

No need for dramatics, if there is will, there is a way. You'll be just fine.

That is good news. I'm not new to modification, on my second back operation, I have Titanium in my back as well as in my pack. :)

Epic & awesome write-up Steve....hope you someday combine all your great write-ups into a book......a knee replacement may slow you down a yr or 2 but I bet you get back in them mnts.

Awesome account of your hunt. Sure is making it hard for me to wait til next August, when I'll embark on my first sheep hunting adventure!

Awesome write up! You are truly a gifted story teller...

Mr. Stid, I do have a gear related question..

5yvupaha.jpg

Are those Ribz you are wearing? If so, how did you like them? Did they interfere with the Gunbearer?

Thanks again for the story...

Back