A health revolution brewing?

Thanks for posting the replay. I was watching live, but missed a good bit. I personally hate the title of the replay, as IMHO "holistic" brings to mind someone who uses crystals and recommends plant-based diets, or that the panel doesn't include MDs including psychiatrists, etc. But that could just be one of my many "me problems." :cool:

Although I didn't see everything, Casey Means (~1:02 to 1:11:25 - not counting the Q&A) was pretty good (as was Chris Palmer). She ended (starting just before 1:10) with something along the lines of ~"this is so much more than a physical health care crisis. This is a spiritual crisis. We are choosing death over life. We are choosing darkness over light, for people and the planet, which are inextricably linked." She got a standing ovation.

I get what you mean by holistic, however, being a former Registered Nurse it is actually a great term to use when speaking of any kind of treatment. It’s takes a lot of sympathy and empathy to be a great nurse. You are dealing with other people when they are usually at their worst state and already not happy. Getting patients to smile and laugh is great medicine!

Holistic health - an approach to wellness that simultaneously addresses the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual components of health.

The human body is interconnected and a disruption of one area can and will affect another. The best nurses I ever worked around including myself (be it very few)treated the patient in a holistic manner. It is the only way to achieve not only the fastest recovery but also achieve the highest level of patient interaction and compliance. Once we send them home it’s up to them to continue with their treatment. This could be continuing medication, bandage chances, rehab, or lifestyle changes such as dietary restrictions. The more information I can give an uneducated patient on a topic similar to sugar and carbohydrates (like high fructose corn syrup) and how it inflames the arteries over time increasing cardiovascular disease as well as over stimulation of pancreas to produce insulin which can leads to type 2 diabetes the more likely they will confirm and make the changes needed to be healthy. Sadly, almost all nurses are too distracted on BS or just don’t take the time to do one of the most important parts of their job which is patient teaching. They have to not only believe what you tell them but trust that you have their best interests in mind. You have to want the best for a complete stranger and they have to not just hear it but feel that as well.

Just my 2 cents on the holistic approach to medicine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Just my 2 cents on the holistic approach to medicine!
I have no problem with holistic medicine, and I agree with it. I just meant that for a title and so few words, it was not what I would have chosen. But I'm overly critical!

Thank you for your service!