A health revolution brewing?

fwafwow

WKR
That’s the same one I mentioned above. I don’t eat mayo but tried it and it taste like regular mayo without the seed oils. Kiddos seems to like it.
I can neither confirm nor deny, at least personally. I still can't taste following a TBI. But, Mrs. fwafwow likes it.

180ls1

WKR
Do you guys really use that much mayo for it to matter? Seriously curious.

I rarely use it. Stone ground brown mustard on burgers and sandwiches.

I don't. I think much of it is just for texture, kinda like avocados.

Heck, I've used plain greek yogurt and it substitutes just *fine.* I use it for sour cream as well.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
Let us know if you end up coming up with a good recipe for mayo. I’m going to try your marinate recipe.
Mark Bittman's. The trick is to have a food processor with a small bowl and to use the drizzle hole. Yolk of one egg (whole egg is fine if you're lazy like me), 2t mustard, 1T lemon juice or other acid, salt and pepper. Get all that going in the food processor and while it's running pour around 1C of oil through the little hole either on the lid or at the bottom of the plunger, that way it drips into the mix and emulsifies. Stop when it hits the consistency you want. Never buy mayo again.

This is my mayo recipe…1 cup avo oil 1 egg
Crack egg into a 16oz wide mouth Mason jar or coffee cup. Pour over 1 cup avo or evoo. Place immersion blender to the bottom then start on high. Wait for mayo to form at the bottom and slowly raise blender to the top. Takes me about 2 minutes to make including getting everything out.
Pro tip…place mason jar in the refrigerator for 5 or 10 minutes prior to starting.
Lasts for a week or so in the fridge. IMG_4922.jpeg

The FDA would have been prosecuted and charged with millions of cases of 1st degree murder had they been a private entity.

The health epidemic in this country is a direct result of what’s in our food. On a simple term, the things they put into foods to add flavor and shelf life, cause tremendous issues when you consume them regularly. Add in sugared drinks and snacks with the processed food and you get fat in a hurry.

No one gets out of here alive. Focus on your own health. You can't change anything else.

I went to a water park recently and I was overwhelmed with how extremely overweight most people are. It is a shame. When every other Commercial on TV is a Drug Manufacturer you know it is out of control. As I check out at the grocery store I am amazed at the absolute junk people have in their grocery carts. My wife and I cook at least 25-28 nights out of a month. We eat out maybe three to five nights a month. Then we take left overs for lunch.

I am amazed at how many people do not even cook their own meals. I was even more shocked recently when I ordered a Large Cheese Burger Meal with Fries and a Drink and it was over $12.00!
I agree. I went to the grocery store last Saturday. I was amazed at the junk people eat. Because it’s easy. Strings of 24 ounce soda loaded over the side rails of their carts. Boxes of sugary cereal, bags and bags of potato chips, slim jim’s, cookies, ice cream, etc.

If you looked at 20 buggies 19 of them will have zero Whole Foods in them. And, if they do, it’s a bag of apples.

Mean while we’ve got health nuts telling us not to eat potato’s, carrots, fruits, too much red meat, a lot of vegetables if they contain too many carbs, etc.. While other countries eat a 5 course supper of it and don’t have the health epidemic the US has.

If you are legitimately interested, I’d be happy to delve into it. Others may already be able to point to the data. Otherwise, what is a good measure of health? And it need not be limited to one. Thinking out loud - it could be life expectancy. I could see having a population in which life expectancy has increased dramatically over long time periods, but with variance in shorter time periods (2020-21 being an example). I would think that prevalence of disease, mental illness, etc. could also be important measures.
Read the first few chapters of "Outlive" by Peter Attia. He writes about the state of our Heathcare system, population health statistics, etc.

Wrench

WKR
I just posted this in the carnivore thread, but it deserves a look here too. The title is misleading as it really is about foods as much as pharma. Very insightful and informative from some higher level guests.

Do you guys really use that much mayo for it to matter? Seriously curious.

I rarely use it. Stone ground brown mustard on burgers and sandwiches.
Yes. You are definitely a hardened criminal if mayonnaise isn’t a staple. 😀 FWIW, I make a lot of my own. Sunflower oil, egg whites and an emulsion blender. Lasts for a week or so in the fridge. Sunday evening is rinse and repeat for the weeks supply of mayo.

Yes. You are definitely a hardened criminal if mayonnaise isn’t a staple. 😀 FWIW, I make a lot of my own. Sunflower oil, egg whites and an emulsion blender. Lasts for a week or so in the fridge. Sunday evening is rinse and repeat for the weeks supply of mayo.
Ya I might have added mayo to a sanwhich when I bread maybe once or twice in 10 years haha.

I’ve never been a huge condiment guy, but Heinz makes a sugar free ketchup that hits the spot with hot sauce on my daily eggs!

Fujicon

FNG
Anyone can suffer poor health if they draw the wrong card in life. So be it. Otherwise, is good health really that complicated? The "rules" seem to be pretty simple:
-- Only eat real food. Processed or advertised food should be avoided. Always.
-- Your body is designed to move. So move the damned thing. Get up and do something with it.
-- Get outside at every opportunity. We're not designed by nature to be indoor rats.
-- Don't ingest stupid stuff. Alcohol in moderation. No drugs. No cigarettes. Easy.
-- Perhaps most importantly, pursue happiness. As the Greeks said, be true to yourself.