A health revolution brewing?

Harvey_NW

WKR
You can't beat genetics
I personally think this is mostly a cop out. They'll tell you that without doing any bloodwork or tests, asking about diet, and base it on 1 incident and "family history". I recently had this exact situation brought up to me because a family member (who's ate like shit her entire life) ended up in the hospital with an aneurysm, and I got a call warning me about our "hereditary blood vessel condition" and that I need to go get scans and all this other bs. I told my mom (pharma recipient) her and her sister should take this is a warning sign to get away from pills and focus on their diet.

Having an aneurysm has very little to do with what you eat. Yes, there are other lifestyle factors that play in. Diet is less important than simply moving. Literally just walking is all it takes, you don’t need to do intense cardio. Not smoking, drinking, using illegal drugs helps. Ultimately genetics matter just as much if not more.

These threads are so amusing since so many people seem to think they are experts on human A&P because they watched a podcast that “confirmed” their pre-existing beliefs.

Healthcare is ****** with the profit motive, but literally so is every other industry here. “Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.” Edward Abbey.

You can't beat genetics or mother nature.

I personally think this is mostly a cop out. They'll tell you that without doing any bloodwork or tests, asking about diet, and base it on 1 incident and "family history".

There are definitely things that people are genetically inclined to, but I find that people's diets and habits and also "genetic". People often eat what they grew up eating. I have patients tell me all the time "well my dad has high blood pressure too", to which I reply "do you eat the same crap he does?", and the answer is yes more often than not.

180ls1

WKR
There are definitely things that people are genetically inclined to, but I find that people's diets and habits and also "genetic". People often eat what they grew up eating. I have patients tell me all the time "well my dad has high blood pressure too", to which I reply "do you eat the same crap he does?", and the answer is yes more often than not.

100% it depends on the context of the mostly "genetics" statement.

I've seen quite a few interviews where people attribute their longevity to alcohol or soft drink consumption every day/night lol.

WyldGoose

FNG
Last year I started having strange bloating and stomach cramps. Bloodwork showed I was iron deficient anemic and was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease. Got scoped and they found an ulcer.
I immediately started an elimination diet to attempt to figure out what was causing my issues. Ended up removing all artificial high-processed foods. Pretty much went full blown carnivore and a huge transformation occurred. Lost 30 pounds, tons of inflammation vanished, lifelong allergies/sinus issues no longer existed, no more bloating, iron levels came back, never felt better in my life.

I eventually added some rice, local honey, and occasional fruit back in without much issue. But it’s minimal amounts. Bulk of my food is beef, game meat, real butter, cheese, eggs, whole milk and heavy cream. Some fish and pork.

I’m 45 years old. I noticed that my grandparents lived into their 90’s, one grandpa died at 101. They were always normal sized and lived on natural real food. My boomer parents are both fat, sick, medicated, immobile, and their feed is mostly artificial, factory made food-like products marketed as “low-fat cholesterol free”.

Just some patterns I’ve noticed…

dirtshooter

Lil-Rokslider
Just go to Costco and look into the carts of the shoppers there. My wife did that after watching that Tucker interview posted in here lol

My wife will buy some garbage, and I'll see it and eat it thinking if I eat it then 1) I'm not wasting it, and 2) I'm protecting the family from it. Then she'll be like "oh he loves this garbage" and buys more.
I hadn’t heard that one before…taking one for the team!
I’ll keep that in mind next time I go on a bender 😂

mt terry d

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
What exactly qualifies one as an “expert” anyway? Learning to regurgitate the official narrative, getting some letters by your name and receiving the official permits and licenses to do your job accordingly; and if you deviate from that official narrative you risk losing your license/credentials and livelihood. F*** Expert Status. It’s virtually meaningless in today’s world.
Now pass me the bacon and grab me another beer! 👍

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Our entire healthcare industry is built around one thing: to make money.

Healthy people do not make the healthcare industry money.

Anyone that was alive during the COVID years should understand this well if they were paying attention. There was no focus on personal health and improving that or your fitness - in fact, every policy they implemented in the name of COVID was in some way detrimental to your physical health. Instead, they offered a magical bullet, that conveniently made companies like Moderna and Pfizer rich. A vaccine in the form of a new medical technology that had never successfully passed the FDA approval process previously - but no worries, they can suddenly get around normal FDA regulatory processes through an Emergency Use Authorization.

People still got COVID, still had severe issues with COVID, and even died, despite having this new "miraculous" vaccine (or 2,3,4 or even 10 doses). Many people also suffered severe side effects, I know a few personally, including my wife. If you were a young male, your odds of developing peri/myocarditis was relatively high - though the healthcare community didn't want you to know that inconvenient risk and so they downplayed it as a result. Daily the benefits of this "miracle vaccine" was exaggerated while the risks were buried.

COVID exposed how corrupted our healthcare system is, but its been going on for a long time. Lobbyists paying off scientists to produce fraudulent studies that direct attention away from their product/industry. Pharmaceutical companies developing products that nobody needs, and making billions. They also have the largest lobbying group in D.C. - imagine that. The whole system is rigged to the benefit of corporations and the detriment to regular people like you and I.

Our healthcare system doesn't create healthier people - it just masks symptoms using products that make corporations rich. Look at how many people are on statins for cholesterol - there's probably many in this thread that are needlessly taking this intervention. Or how many people are on anti-depressants and SSRIs. Or Ozempic - which they still have no clue how it actually works, yet they still prescribe it despite its numerous side effects and the fact that the weight you lose is mostly muscle mass and connective tissue. Or countless other drugs.

Combine all that with our affinity for highly processed foods and sedentary lifestyles, and its no wonder our general population is so sick.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
Basically a social worker advocating for poor and marginalized folks to keep eating ultra processed foods, instead of trying to educate them towards healthier foods.

Its also to protect this new narrative that eating vegetarian/vegan is so much healthier for you and the planet. The vast majority of proteins that come from a vegetarian/vegan diet is in the form of ultra-processed foods.

kthomas

Lil-Rokslider
I went to Greece this summer. When you see what they serve even in the restaurants you will understand that the American diet is processed shit. View attachment 755572View attachment 755573View attachment 755574View attachment 755575

This is a huge issue with our western culture.

There's such a disconnect with our food source, most people have no idea where there food is coming from. You can look at any of those dishes you posted and have an understanding of where it is, and where it likely came from. That food is clean, simple, and not processed, and most likely locally sourced. Contrast that with many of our dishes prevalent in our culture, and there's a huge difference.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Having an aneurysm has very little to do with what you eat. Yes, there are other lifestyle factors that play in. Diet is less important than simply moving. Literally just walking is all it takes, you don’t need to do intense cardio. Not smoking, drinking, using illegal drugs helps. Ultimately genetics matter just as much if not more.
The number 1 cause of aneurysms is hypertension, studies suggest obesity and or poor diet encompass up to 80% of hypertension cases. I believe what you eat has a lot to do with the possibility of developing an aneurysm. I also believe you can't make assumptions about "genetics" based on 2 generations that ate like shit, were obese and didn't exercise frequently, smoked cigarettes, and were loaded with medications.

Last edited: