A health revolution brewing?

jpmulk

WKR
No one gets out of here alive. Focus on your own health. You can't change anything else.

I went to a water park recently and I was overwhelmed with how extremely overweight most people are. It is a shame. When every other Commercial on TV is a Drug Manufacturer you know it is out of control. As I check out at the grocery store I am amazed at the absolute junk people have in their grocery carts. My wife and I cook at least 25-28 nights out of a month. We eat out maybe three to five nights a month. Then we take left overs for lunch.

I am amazed at how many people do not even cook their own meals. I was even more shocked recently when I ordered a Large Cheese Burger Meal with Fries and a Drink and it was over $12.00!
$12 burger and fries? Where the heck is that? Where I’m at try $16-18

The more I learn the more I realize how corrupt everything is. We’ve been lied to about what is and not healthy. All our food is pumped full of crap. I’m back on carnivore at the moment. Trying to make more of a permanent lifestyle change age and cut out the crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
I try to be healthy(ish), but I will never give up my sugar free Red Bulls and the Lord's chicken.

SonnyDay

WKR
They used to call them chemical companies... now they call them pharmaceutical companies. Cause cancer out one door, "cure" it out the other. Brilliant, really.

KsRancher

WKR
I want to be as healthy as possible. But dang, it is hard. I love Mt. Dew. I can quit drinking it and drink only water, black coffee and unsweetened tea for 6 months and the craving for a Mt. Dew never subsidies. Same way with deserts. It's kind of weird how it is. My oldest son doesn't care to eat sweets that much. But loves potato's and pasta. I absolutely love meat. But it's just not the same unless I have a Mt. Dew and desert with it. I can go without all the garbage. It's just no matter how long I quit eating it and drinking it, I still want it just as bad

CorbLand

WKR
I want to be as healthy as possible. But dang, it is hard. I love Mt. Dew. I can quit drinking it and drink only water, black coffee and unsweetened tea for 6 months and the craving for a Mt. Dew never subsidies. Same way with deserts. It's kind of weird how it is. My oldest son doesn't care to eat sweets that much. But loves potato's and pasta. I absolutely love meat. But it's just not the same unless I have a Mt. Dew and desert with it. I can go without all the garbage. It's just no matter how long I quit eating it and drinking it, I still want it just as bad
Thats diet pepsi for me. I can go months without drinking one and the have one and it starts the process all over again with the cravings. They never dont sound good. I have maybe one or two cans a month (that few takes a lot of effort) and have just decided if that shaves 10 years off my life, so be it.

Burnsie

Lil-Rokslider
I used to drink a lot of Mt Dew - I knew it was junk, so I forced myself to start drinking diet Mt Dew. It took awhile to acclimate to it, but now I prefer it over the regular stuff. The regular stuff taste so icky sweet now, I can't stand it. Next phase is weening myself off the diet as well. In theory it shouldn't be an issue - no calories, no sugar right? But all the studies out there pretty much confirm its probably just as bad for you.
I buddy of mine owns his own machine shop, he's a one man operation. Once or twice a week he would stock up with a couple cases of Mt Dew and put it in his shop refrigerator. You never saw him without a Dew in his hand or sitting close by on the bench - trash cans heaping with cans.
He got to the point where he was the heaviest he had ever been and was feeling like crap. One day he just decided to quit -cold turkey. He immediately lost about 25 pounds in a few weeks. He said the worst part was the withdrawals. He said he had terrible cracking headache and felt like dirt for a couple weeks. He said you would thought he was coming off crack or heroine or something. He toughed it out, and is glad he did. Lost a bunch of weight, feels better and saving a bunch of $$$.

Thats diet pepsi for me. I can go months without drinking one and the have one and it starts the process all over again with the cravings. They never dont sound good. I have maybe one or two cans a month (that few takes a lot of effort) and have just decided if that shaves 10 years off my life, so be it.
Same with Coke Zero, That said, my wife bought a case at the beginning of the year and there are still about 18 of them left. Problem with diet sodas is they still spike an insulin response just like the sugared stuff. Your body doesn't know the difference. The artificial sweetener basically does the same thing. But hey man I feel your pain, I still crave the sugary stuff. Its as bad an addiction as drugs, or alcohol, but societally accepted. Sounds like however there may be rustlings of change brewing.

FWIW, Mankind started to decline from a physical perspective 10K years ago when agriculture was developed...IMO.

The cravings for the Dew and so much of the other ultra processed crap is a feature. They are literally engineered to circumvent your God given system that regulates satiety…and clearly it works.

I'm in the belief that I would rather die by something I enjoy. I mean my pic is jumping off a 486' bridge, so...
You and everyone else.
The problem with all these chronic diseases due to diet is that you die a long, slow, miserable death, unable to do the physical things you love, including jumping off a 486’ bridge, for many years before you finally croak. Count me out on that.