A Giraffe with a 6UM

Shraggs

WKR
This site has WAY more difference of opinion than it does “like minded” opinions. That’s very easy to search and verify here. It’s not even close. The general “old school” or what folks call “fudd” echo chamber is still far louder on site than any other.

I personally also have zero desire to walk up to a fenced in big game animal and kill it. I also don’t film hunts personally as it’s not my cup of tea. Just this year I started filming some shooting stuff because of the cold bore challenge. Will that graduate into videoing kills? Maybe? I don’t know.

Simply because I “wouldn’t do” something hunting related doesn’t mean I think “it’s lame” or “off putting” in my opinion. I also think that sharing this is helpful in showing folks that their preconceived notions of “bigger is always better” may not always be the case.
When sdhnter noted the group think thing was a bit surprised. When I make a point to surf all the threads the vortex/leupold and 7/30 mag recommendations still carry a lot real estate here.