WTS A Couple Nice Benchmades

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Clearing out some items. Heading to Europe this fall so need some extra funds. Prefer to sell both together.

***$175 Shipped for Both***

One Benchmade Steep Country. Nearly new. Never used in the field. I think I tried it out on a Porterhouse once. Wife wanted the fillet, I took the strip.

One Mini Griptilian AXIS Lock Knife Olive Drab. This has seen some use but still in good condition.

Thanks.

23DB0640-E381-4C14-A202-66E596487959.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wyosteve, I appreciate you warning everyone not to trust me as a seller.

That’s an interesting move as you offered to send me a check as payment and refused to pay electronically.

I too would be interested in hearing what these red flags are.

Please share when you have time.

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I am going to chime in here as I was recently scammed. Guy was a Lil Rockslider with quite a few appropriate posts. I think we should start a trend on here that goods have a card by them in photo with date a seller ID. had I done that I would have been OK as I learned later the photos were taken off the web (google reverse photo lookup).
This thread may be legit but I agree had some warning signs initially. I would have questioned as Steve has.

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If it's not a hacked account, I apologize. But, I'm not going to post the red flags because it can educate scammers.

OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Just so I’m clear on what happened here.

Steve alerts the the thread that there are multiple red flags regarding this sale.

He does this utilizing exclamation points to convey the urgency of his message.

Then, when asked by myself and another member of the forum what led him to that conclusion he refuses to provide evidence to support the accusations.

His reasoning for this is to prevent future scammers from using the secret system I apparently have employed.

Here’s an idea…when you accuse someone of something and do it with punctuation that adds serious emphasis…you should be held accountable for those accusations. The burden of proof is now on you Sir.

If you refuse to offer that, then it is simply defamation.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
OK, so post a new picture of both knives with todays date on a card. Maybe even your first name and/or cell number. Then this all goes away.

Flgrizzy

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
This is an unfortunate mess… sorry to see.
I usually at least require a phone conversation with a seller to ease my mind (and to ease THEIR mind as well when I sell anything). That gives me a very good indication of someone’s legitimacy.

OP
R

raferalston

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Very unfortunate indeed. But, sign of the times. Let the accusations fly. I’ll be on my way.
AA8AA5D5-D8BB-47AF-A3A8-756B98B14086.jpeg
F41CB065-24A4-4B89-8F2A-CCAA080898C4.jpeg
0505BE0E-9111-4DB6-A2D1-F598C9E8E515.jpeg1AABD3B0-5B7A-4D69-848C-40A71292C518.jpeg

Pdawg88

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Way to be a stand up guy. I’ll take the knifes. Pm me your PayPal and I’ll get you paid. And I’m still dying to know the red flags

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
OK, so post a new picture of both knives with todays date on a card. Maybe even your first name and/or cell number. Then this all goes away.

For those following this, this is in NO WAY a reliable method to verify legitimacy. Photoshop easily accomplishes this and is completely undetectable if it’s done well….heck with AI help I bet I could add text to a borrowed pic in a specific persons hand writing …which is why the whole date/name pic thing is a complete waist of everyone’s time.

If ya can’t find a way to feel good about forum buying without throwing other members under the bus maybe just stick to yard sales. Online buying is always going to have risks. If ya don’t want the exposure then don’t do it, OR, rely on the protections of goods and services and sleep well.

It’s not hard, at all, to see this seller is legit, had I not bought 3 knives yesterday I’d have bought these with pp ff without even a thought of hesitation.

GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk