RokStok

I got to handle one at the HAHA and I’m sold. Going to get one asap and hopefully some more folks want one for a long action M70.

Handled one at HAHA. I had feared it would be too small for me as I like bigger palm swells. After the 0-600 class, I became convinced that it was the best option for me. I believe the size can be worked around. My order will be put in tomorrow.

Seems like all pics have been at the standard 13.5 LOP… Has anyone utilized the 1/2” spacer system yet?

Does the recoil pad allow one to easily add/remove spacers or is it glued on?

I’d like to give the longer LOP a try with the tighter grip/trigger distance.
I will hopefully be able to report back on this soon, ordered stock(s) with 14.5” LOP in the notes, but alas no spacers in with the stock. Prob one of the first long gangly types to order longer LOP, so not a huge deal.
Have emailed UM a week ago and called/left vmail on Friday but figure with HAHA going on and all the prep for that they are probably swamped/behind on CS correspondence.

Just looking forward to making the awesome stock fit my long armed/giraffe necked self even better soon.
It’s obviously quite shootable and awesome as is but I’m also running NX8 1-8 (short eyepiece/relief) mounted as far forward as possible to make it work too, which I think gives different feel, reach, cheek/face/neck weld than intended maybe.

I will hopefully be able to report back on this soon, ordered stock(s) with 14.5” LOP in the notes, but alas no spacers in with the stock. Prob one of the first long gangly types to order longer LOP, so not a huge deal.
Have emailed UM a week ago and called/left vmail on Friday but figure with HAHA going on and all the prep for that they are probably swamped/behind on CS correspondence.

Just looking forward to making the awesome stock fit my long armed/giraffe necked self even better soon.
It’s obviously quite shootable and awesome as is but I’m also running NX8 1-8 (short eyepiece/relief) mounted as far forward as possible to make it work too, which I think gives different feel, reach, cheek/face/neck weld than intended maybe.
Please do! Is the recoil pad glued, or screwed so that you can add/subtract the spacers yourself?

I ordered with 1 additional spacer installed to test the longer length, assuming I could adjust it back down if needed. However, it recently dawned on me it’s not specified whether the spacers are user serviceable or not.

I am just wondering what everyone is going to do for cleaning the bore? Thanks

I saw @Alex Genereux post elsewhere that just a longer cleaning rod goes in fine with flex. I’m not well versed in possible issues with that if using a good bore guide. I’ll probably not worry about that or take it out of the stock to clean.

The not cleaning thing sounds great in theory but I know it doesn’t work with my current 6 creed barreled action that will be going in this stock. At least not without downloading handloads significantly to avoid pressure on a fouled bore. I shoot a lot of factory ammo and by 100 rounds it will have sticky bolt lift if I don’t clean.

Last edited:
I saw @Alex Genereux post elsewhere that just a longer cleaning rod goes in fine with flex. I’m not well versed in possible issues with that if using a good bore guide. I’ll probably not worry about that or take it out do the stock to clean.

The not cleaning thing sounds great in theory but I know it doesn’t work with my current 6 creed barreled action that will be going in this stock. At least not without downloading handloads significantly to avoid pressure on a fouled bore. I shoot a lot of factory ammo and by 100 rounds it will have sticky bolt lift if I don’t clean.
Same with my 243AI

Same with my 243AI

Y’all have chamber issues then.

No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-ergos feel good, as expected.
-grip panels texture is great
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion. [Edit to add: The bedding aspect seems easily remediated. this is a first go for me with something besides fully bedding, factory plastic/bedding, or chassis]

Rifle currently has the UM high rings I believe, they are a little higher than ideal right now but might be pretty close to where I want them if I add the leather.

C209B080-DDD3-43DA-B175-A1D26624EE5B.jpeg

Last edited:
No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion.
View attachment 708360
What pattern did you order? The example tear pattern they offered for single color?

No dildo patterns.

First impressions:
-fit/finish isn’t great. There’s a little bump in the bottom of the bedding area and the barrel isn’t centered in the channel perfectly. Barrel clearance isn’t an issue since I got the biggest channel. I’ll need to think a bit more about the bedding portion.
View attachment 708360
Hows do the high rings pair with the stock?

Is it just me or does the tear pattern look way different than the example photo? The tears don't look "torn"

Back