8s 10s or more!!

The past few years for where I hunt I haven't needed anything over 10s and at times it was over kill. I had a pair of Zeiss Victory FLs 10X42s and Vortex 10X42s and now just the Vortex's. What is everyone running magnification and company? What do you think?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 7
D

david long

My ol' faithful 10x32 Swarovski EL's............never let me down yet!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I run Swaro EL 10X42s, my wife has Nikon EDG 8X32s. Both are great, but if I want a closer look beyond 10X its through a spotting scope and not binoculars for my uses.

Last edited:

Ozz08

WKR
I have some 8x zen rays and I love them. They are great when using them along side a spotting scope. However some hunts when I don't have the spotter with me I wish I had a pair of 10x binos.

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
10x42 Swaros when I need them. I prefer the thick dark timber while elk hunting, and am thinking if I hunt my CO unit again this year I won't take them. It would then be rangefinder only......kinda nervous about that, but haven't needed them enough to justify the weight for that unit!

pronghorn

FNG
I have a pair of 3x30 Swarovskis that I have used for quite a while, they're great. Lightweight and clear. I also have a pair of Minox 15x58's that I use on a Slik carbon tripod. Spotting scopes have been a revolving door...

OP
Evan Williams
I honestly have to say that I compared the Zeiss' that I had versus my bosses 7 yr old Swaros and I was SOOOOO disappointed in the NEW Zeiss glass. I want a pair of Swaros but $$$$$

vcb

WKR
10x42 swaros. I looked at the 10x50 and also the 12x50. The 10x50 just adds more light but I didnt have any problems seeing in first light with the 10's. The 12x50's are nice to have the extra magnif. but they shake toooo much and are 7-8oz. heavier. It was a easy decision for me.

Used my 10 x 40 Leitz for 22 years then bought a pair of 10 x 32EL Swarovski's. Upgrade in optical quality for sure but my old Leitz are smaller, lighter and still pretty darn good bino's. I still use them when trail riding on dirt bikes and mountain bikes.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Hi guys,

I got referred to this site from another forum. I don't belong to too many, but this one looks awesome. Like many, I have just about worn out my copy of the Public Land Mulies. I have a borderline unhealthy obsession with optics for hunting, and love to blab about it!

My standard hunting binocular is a 10X42 Swarovski SLC neus. They are fine glass with a great mix of magnification, field of view, and adequate exit pupil. I also like the 8X32 configuration, because it has a wider FOV, is lighter, and a similar exit pupil to the 10x42. 10X32s are getting small on exit pupil, for me. Over 10x and shake starts to get hard to control, and FOV gets narrow.

Cool site!