7mm wsm

chav0_12

FNG
I know this is a little old but rolled across it as I was googling for brass. I’ve had an A-Bolt for about 13 years now. Love the gun. Haven’t had much luck getting it to shoot though. Finally I think I found something for it.

I think the WSM suffered more than the SAUM because of the shorter neck. A better option would probably be a 7-300WSM, to use better brass and get the longer neck. As others have said a medium action would be best. Even using bullets in the 160 grain-range you run out of space in a SA. Either way, it’s the most powerful 7mm you can get in a SA.

Tahoe1305

WKR
No keep it coming. 7wsm will never die (although brass may!).

I actually just built a second one (pictured and 5lb 12oz without scope or can) And stumbled into 500 Winchester (IMO the best brass for it) cases. Hoping that’s enough for my 2x for life. Only use for hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_7170.jpeg
    IMG_7170.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 25
No keep it coming. 7wsm will never die (although brass may!).

I actually just built a second one (pictured and 5lb 12oz without scope or can) And stumbled into 500 Winchester (IMO the best brass for it) cases. Hoping that’s enough for my 2x for life. Only use for hunting.
You can always neck ADG 300 wsm brass down making a nice false shoulder for fire forming, beats the capacity of the 7 prc ADG brass by 4 grains

Tahoe1305

WKR
You can always neck ADG 300 wsm brass down making a nice false shoulder for fire forming, beats the capacity of the 7 prc ADG brass by 4 grains
Awesome. Personally I prefer to not have to do that…..yet (lack of experience and having to waste a bullet/powder when it’s tough to come by). I strongly considered until I snagged this latest brass batch though. If I was stuck with Hornady I would for sure!

Bedrock

FNG
I second the suggestion of necking down and fire forming 300WSM brass. I use Norma and it has lasted well. Of the original 100 rounds loaded 12 to 14 times, I’ve had only 7-8 loose pockets and one split neck. By comparison, my 60 rounds of Federal brass had 5-6 split necks after 3 firings, and the Winchester brass I bought at the time was junk - couldn’t get it under 2moa. I had high hopes for the Hornaday brass because the factory ammo with 162 gr ELDXs was pretty accurate after I fixed the 8-14 thousenths runout on them.

Tahoe1305

WKR
No one has messed with the latest batches of Bertram brass huh? It’s tempting.