7mm PRC RRB discussion

rxthurm

FNG
I initially went with a 300wm accurate mag (aics). Had to switch to the 300RUM mag
I emailed Accurate Mag and that's what they suggested. Did you go with the 3.715 length or full CIP length? I was tentatively going to go with 3.715 as that works in the KRG Bravo with the little spacer they provide.

Clark33

WKR
I emailed Accurate Mag and that's what they suggested. Did you go with the 3.715 length or full CIP length? I was tentatively going to go with 3.715 as that works in the KRG Bravo with the little spacer they provide.
3.715 and yea the Bravo can be standard or CIP using the little spacer.

coletonf

FNG
Building a 7 PRC as well with Bat Vesper, HNT26 and carbon 6 20” barrel. I have used both TT and Bix n Andy. Both are great and to be honest I can’t tell a huge difference between them. I am gonna put an ATACR 4-16 on it which isn’t the lightest in the world but it checks all the boxes for me. Expecting the weight to come out a few ounces north of 8 1/2 lbs and I may still take it on my Dall hunt.

Managed to find some 175 factory eldx to get started as well.
Curious if you went with the medium or LA Vesper. Not crazy amount of weight savings (2oz I think) with a less common action size on the medium, but curious which route you took!

carter33

WKR
Curious if you went with the medium or LA Vesper. Not crazy amount of weight savings (2oz I think) with a less common action size on the medium, but curious which route you took!
They don’t inlet the HNT26 for medium actions so I went with the long. I think the medium would make a pretty sweet setup but as you mentioned it’s only 2oz and a lot easier to build on the action later on with a long.

coletonf

FNG
There isn't a medium inlet on the HNT26 so most likely they went with long action.

They don’t inlet the HNT26 for medium actions so I went with the long. I think the medium would make a pretty sweet setup but as you mentioned it’s only 2oz and a lot easier to build on the action later on with a long.
Ah that makes sense, hadn’t caught the chassis stock mention. I’m trying to decide between the BAT igniter, vampire, and vesper for a similar build (7prc). On paper I see the feature difference but wondering how noticeable they are in practice.

OP
Team4LongGun

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Updated the build thread-

Rifle is complete-no ammo to fire yet.

Put a Timney 2 stage trigger in, first time using this trigger. Anyone have usage on this trigger?

Chassis was raw and painted by @Unknown Munitions. Very pleased with it.

Attachments

• 1D30F595-3F8C-4396-82E9-7FE7E1DA8B37.jpeg
    1D30F595-3F8C-4396-82E9-7FE7E1DA8B37.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 1FF07B69-E0BE-4E93-98C4-FD168D5083D5.jpeg
    1FF07B69-E0BE-4E93-98C4-FD168D5083D5.jpeg
    282.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 48330C04-3BA0-4DFC-BC92-B17319E88643.jpeg
    48330C04-3BA0-4DFC-BC92-B17319E88643.jpeg
    207.6 KB · Views: 79

Ucsdryder

WKR
Updated the build thread-

Rifle is complete-no ammo to fire yet.

Put a Timney 2 stage trigger in, first time using this trigger. Anyone have usage on this trigger?

Chassis was raw and painted by @Unknown Munitions. Very pleased with it.
Built something very similar in a 300prc. Where are you currently on weight? What optic did you land on? Suppressed? Muzzle brake?

Here’s my specs

300prc 22” proof sendero light
Defiance anti nitrided with barrel
Xlr chassis (need to swap out for magnessium)
Nightforce Nxs 5.5-22x50
Nightforce rings and 20moa rail
TBAC 338 ultra (still waiting)
Bix n andy tac pro single stage

My main issue is weight. I drank some koolaid and bought the NF scope, it’s like a brick. I’m at 10lb 10oz with the can and that’s just too much to carry. I’m hoping the xlr magnesium saves me a pound and I can be sub 10lbs.

I’ll be following along! Excited to hear more about it.

NSI

WKR
Built something very similar in a 300prc. Where are you currently on weight? What optic did you land on? Suppressed? Muzzle brake?

Here’s my specs

300prc 22” proof sendero light
Defiance anti nitrided with barrel
Xlr chassis (need to swap out for magnessium)
Nightforce Nxs 5.5-22x50
Nightforce rings and 20moa rail
TBAC 338 ultra (still waiting)
Bix n andy tac pro single stage

My main issue is weight. I drank some koolaid and bought the NF scope, it’s like a brick. I’m at 10lb 10oz with the can and that’s just too much to carry. I’m hoping the xlr magnesium saves me a pound and I can be sub 10lbs.

I’ll be following along! Excited to hear more about it.
You’d drop another pound going from that NF to a Tenmile, and get a lower center of gravity to boot.

-J

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I just yesterday purchased a Defiance Ruckus Tactical receiver for my 7 PRC build, actions are getting hard to find these days and 2x the price of the last one I bought (Tenacity).

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, Defiance raised the price of the Tenacity from roughly $900 to $1600. The Ruckus was always more expensive but now about 1800. Most prices for Impact and Terminus are around 1500 if you can find one. I see that Midway has a full offering of Tenacity actions in stock, demand has fallen for them with the price increase.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Here is a picture someone posted in one of the 7prc groups on FB of their Preferred barrel they just received.

View attachment 496522

I know it is only cosmetic but the crooked etching would drive me crazy if that was my barrel.
I think they do the etching like that as it's a pre-fit and you don't know where is going to end up, visible, partially visible or not at all (under the stock). My Proof pre-fit is not visible at all, Proof has a disclaimer on their site saying it's possible. My last one turned out just right, batting 50% on this.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Now that I have receiver in hand, my build will look like this:

Defiance Ruckus GA Hunter
Proof pre-fit carbon at 22" ordered (will be suppressed)
McMillan Game Hunter Stock
Hawkins M5 DBM
Trigger Tech
2" pick rail up front with integrated QD
ARC rings on integrated pic rail

Just finished a 6.5 CM build so going to pace this one just a bit.

It will look a lot like this one I just finished

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
I think Defiance is a sinking ship.
Sadly, I think you may be correct, the acquisition has done nothing but raise prices. GA Precision built many of their rifles on Defiance actions, they have since switched to Impact. Custom builders can only sink so much into and action and still make any profit at all.

Yes, Defiance raised the price of the Tenacity from roughly $900 to $1600. The Ruckus was always more expensive but now about 1800. Most prices for Impact and Terminus are around 1500 if you can find one. I see that Midway has a full offering of Tenacity actions in stock, demand has fallen for them with the price increase.

Impact, Lone peak, Kelbly dont seem that hard to find but I haven't been looking real hard lately either.

GAHunterJim

Lil-Rokslider
Impact, Lone peak, Kelbly dont seem that hard to find but I haven't been looking real hard lately either.
There are a few available, depending on what you're looking for...SA harder to find, LA mag somewhat as quite a few people building 7mm PRCs