7mm prc, how short is too short?

gtriple

WKR
TBAC recommended DT when I inquired, but you’re right that it can potentially come “loose” after a dozen or so shots. It’s part of my routine to check the suppressor for tight when at the range. When hunting it’s never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did they really recommend direct thread? I've spoken with their reps multiple times and they've always recommended CB.

I love my CB cans.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I don't think you need to be concerned. I'd be curious how much velocity you gain back with the suppressor. I went with 24" but that was when I thought I wasn't going to buy a suppressor. Now have an AB Raptor 6 ordered. I don't want to lose any velocity tho - it was part of the reason for going 7prc over 6.5. If I backpack/mountain hunted exclusively I would have gone shorter too. All around gun for me and newer to long range shots at animals and targets but now i'm hooked.

todd458

FNG
Thats a good load. Curious how much they charged you to do load development?
Also what can do you have on that rifle?
He’s done a lot of load development for me on multiple rifles. The suppressor is a Dead Air nomad titanium. Really nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my Dead Air mask which I use on my 22lr, 17 HMR, and per Dead Air. I’m now shooting it on a 17 hornet.

todd458

FNG
He’s done a lot of load development for me on multiple rifles. The suppressor is a Dead Air nomad titanium. Really nice. I thoroughly enjoyed my Dead Air mask which I use on my 22lr, 17 HMR, and per Dead Air. I’m now shooting it on a 17 hornet.
Also, he’s waiting on the ADG brass. He says it should be in any day. He wants to pair use the 146 grain hammers? Maybe 147? He thinks that will be a great load out of that. 20 inch. He’s develop some for himself and in his opinion it the premier copper bullet right now. Now, of course that’s subjective and it’s his opinion. I just tend to agree with a lot of the things he says.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Also, he’s waiting on the ADG brass. He says it should be in any day. He wants to pair use the 146 grain hammers? Maybe 147? He thinks that will be a great load out of that. 20 inch. He’s develop some for himself and in his opinion it the premier copper bullet right now. Now, of course that’s subjective and it’s his opinion. I just tend to agree with a lot of the things he says.
I've personally used hammer hunters, and while they are good I dont think they are the best option out there and the bc isn't as advertised.
Did you say how much he charges for load development?

todd458

FNG
I've personally used hammer hunters, and while they are good I dont think they are the best option out there and the bc isn't as advertised.
I want to say load development and 1000 yard validated profile is around $700

todd458

FNG
Yes, they don’t have the BC of say a eldx bullet.
Does that include any ammo?
no, they were his bullets and he used my Hornady brass because of the difficulty getting brass for the 7PRC right now.. I can put you in touch with him if you would like

CMP70306

WKR
Yeah I was getting stiff bolt left and ejector marks with the factory 175 so I stopped shooting it. Is your barrel 18” also? What powder are you using with the 162?

Seems like a Carbon 6 issue, all of the barrels I have and load for pressure out significantly lower than other rifles and barrels in the same cartridge.

todd458

FNG
Yes, they don’t have the BC of say a eldx bullet.

no, they were his bullets and he used my Hornady brass because of the difficulty getting brass for the 7PRC right now.. I can put you in touch with him if you would like
Now, when I say Ammo. I mean I suppled 100 rounds of Hornady brass that he gave.

What?

todd458

FNG
I’m sorry I’m out to dinner. When I purchased my gun,
they guaranteed me up to 100 rounds of the ELDX ammo. So I suppled roughly 75 rounds, or rather brass for him to use. When his lapua or ADG brass comes in, he will make me more ammo.. Lapua we may not see for a while. I’m hearing it’s all going to the Ukraine

todd458

FNG
Couldn’t tell you. I’m just being told that a DG brass should be delivered soon, and look who are machines are tied up with the Ukraine. You may know different.

todd458

FNG
I apologize no glasses and using Siri. ADG brass should be delivered soon (he says) and from what I am being told, lapua is all going to the Ukraine and difficult to get. When I say lapua, I’m not saying 7PRC, I’m just saying the majority of their brass. So I’m told. Now do I know this personally? No. This is what I’m being told. I would prefer Lapua, based on what I’ve read, and what he has used prior on different calipers for me. In his mind, it’s the brass to use.
Couldn’t tell you. I’m just being told that a DG brass should be delivered soon, and look who are machines are tied up with the Ukraine. You may know different.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
I want to ask another question to the guys that handload 7prc with short barrels like mine.
Which powders have shown the best results?
I have alot of h1000 on hand and was hoping to be able to use it for this rifle im building but im concerned with the burn rate of h1000 I won't get an adequate or optimal burn out of a 19.5 inch barrel.
Maybe I would be better off with a faster burning powder...hope someone with more knowledge than me can answer this

Cbthomas

FNG
I want to ask another question to the guys that handload 7prc with short barrels like mine.
Which powders have shown the best results?
I have alot of h1000 on hand and was hoping to be able to use it for this rifle im building but im concerned with the burn rate of h1000 I won't get an adequate or optimal burn out of a 19.5 inch barrel.
Maybe I would be better off with a faster burning powder...hope someone with more knowledge than me can answer this

Im shooting a 20” 7prc I ran a pressure test with H1000 I barely found pressure signs before hitting a compressed load. Im shooting at 2850 with 180 eldms

I only have 30rds thru the barrel so im sure it’ll speed up. Possibly 2875-2900 but my goal was to atleast break 2850. That does everything I want out of the rifle and I have 9lbs of H1000 so I probably won’t test too many other powders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk