7mm Accubond replacement

Wildstreak

Lil-Rokslider
Since 7mm accubonds are the reloading equivalent of getting a picture of Bigfoot and finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I need a new bullet.

I need something for my 280 ackley. It’s strictly a hunting rifle. Berger’s are pretty much available but I’m not so keen on their terminal performance. Im not particularly a fan of hammer.

Accurate and terminal performance. What are my options?

Edit to add: this is strictly a deer/antelope gun.

Last edited:

mmac

WKR
I really like the scirocco in mine for deer, the 150 is a little light for me for elk.

Interbonds?

My two 280ai rifles love the 160AB. I shot some 162 eldx in one recently and they shot well. Luckily I have a couple hundred ABs to fall back on but I'm going with the 162s the next time I hunt with the 280. I have a couple hundred of the 150 Scirocco II as well but haven't shot them yet.

Marble

WKR
I really like the scirocco in mine for deer, the 150 is a little light for me for elk.
I have used this bullet for deer and elk. Accurate, good BC, never had any type of failure.

They are a good bullet.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

A382DWDZQ

WKR
I would grab some of those 175 ABLR from Sportsmans and put some H1000 under them if I had a 280AI.

ZAK13

Lil-Rokslider
Interbonds?

My two 280ai rifles love the 160AB. I shot some 162 eldx in one recently and they shot well. Luckily I have a couple hundred ABs to fall back on but I'm going with the 162s the next time I hunt with the 280. I have a couple hundred of the 150 Scirocco II as well but haven't shot them yet.
I would say Interbonds, but Hornady barely produces them anymore, maybe a small run every couple of years. Great bullet, unfortunately, it's like chasing a unicorn. To the OP, Barnes or Scirocco would be my choice.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen the 160 AB's available but I shoot 140's and have not seen them in a long time. Luckily I always stock up when I find something I like so I have a few hundred. 7mm bullets seem really hard to find. To answer your question though, I would choose Interbonds if you can find them or the Sciroccos. I have never shot the Sciroccos but have heard nothing but positive things about them. I choose to stay away from the ELD's for hunting bullets. I do have a load worked up for shooting steel though.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Classified Approved
Been shooting the 162 ELD-M's out of my 280ai this year and am seriously impressed with performance. They're easy to find, easy to load, fairly cheap, and from what I read about match bullets they tend to hold together better at slower velocities. My load is pretty conservative at only 2800 fps MV. This season so far I have a 530 yard full pass through DRT, and last weekend opening day my wife thumped one at 213 yards for another almost instant incapacitation. Found that one under the hide on the opposing side and looked like a little carnage delivery pill as it should.

How about some Sierra game changers. I’m going to try some myself here soon. I like the design. I don’t know how available they are though in 7mm

Rich M

WKR
How about some Sierra game changers. I’m going to try some myself here soon. I like the design. I don’t know how available they are though in 7mm
I tried these in 243 and they were too long for my Remington 9 or 10 twist, whatever it is. Couldn't get it to shoot well. My gun likes the Pro Hunters and all Sierra will produce is the newest craze.

I can shoot an inch w PHs at 250 yds if they'll just make some more.

Since 7mm accubonds are the reloading equivalent of getting a picture of Bigfoot and finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow I need a new bullet.

I need something for my 280 ackley. It’s strictly a hunting rifle. Berger’s are pretty much available but I’m not so keen on their terminal performance. Im not particularly a fan of hammer.

Accurate and terminal performance. What are my options?

Edit to add: this is strictly a deer/antelope gun.
139 LRX. Accurate out of every rifle I've shot it from

uc3kimber

FNG
I'd rank Barnes triple shock right up there with the nosler ab. Several friends swear by them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

roymunson

WKR
I'd rank Barnes triple shock right up there with the nosler ab. Several friends swear by them.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
I like to hear this,. These are what flew good out of my Tikka 7RM. I'm planning on putting them to use on a mule deer in a couple weeks

I have been looking for the 7mm 139 LRX with no luck. I used a lot of Barnes Bullets for a lot of years as I am in CA.