6mm /.243 hunting success on Big Game

According to the Horandy ballistic app 1924
Over 1900 fps at 604 yards with factory eldms? That's awesome! What's your muzzle velocity and the elevation where you shot the bull? I'm in the process of putting together a 6 arc myself. The damage at that speed/distance is impressive. Congrats on the bulls!

M

Mr6.5

I built a 6mm Creedmoor on a Savage action, 27 Inch X-Caliber barrel in a 1:7.7 twist shooting a 90gr Nosler Accubond, 3400fps at the muzzle. It really does a number on our smaller deer here. Longest shot I have taken with it is 308 yards so far but it was a scapula hit and bang flop. I have really been impressed by the caliber.

406Backwoods

FNG
Classified Approved
I’ve tried scanning the thread and can’t see if there’s a definitive conclusion on the 112 Match Burner. Has @Formidilosus or anyone else gathered enough terminal data yet?

khuber84

WKR
I’ve tried scanning the thread and can’t see if there’s a definitive conclusion on the 112 Match Burner. Has @Formidilosus or anyone else gathered enough terminal data yet?
Put one in the boiler room and game will die. I had 1500x of the 112s when they first made em 5-6 years ago, consistency was horrible. I pretty much used them to break in new barrels. I picked up 3x 100ct boxes this spring and they were much more consistent on base to ogive and oal. So I bought another 2k. I'll be shooting them in my 20in 6cm this year for huntig season, along side the 88s in 22cm. Funny how it's tending less is more. I told a friend today I was gonna cart 6mm and 22 for elk, he looked at me like a was nuts! Ignorance is bliss I guess.

Figured I would pose this question here due to all of the experience with the 6mm. Has anyone shot either factory or handloaded 95 gr NBT in a Tikka .243 win? Specifically the 1:8 twist. Just curious as to your results. Looking at getting said rifle, shooting that bullet and to potentially bump up to 108 eldms in future. Just wanting to make sure 95 grainer would shoot well enough in it. FWIW I'm at about 1600 ft elevation.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Figured I would pose this question here due to all of the experience with the 6mm. Has anyone shot either factory or handloaded 95 gr NBT in a Tikka .243 win? Specifically the 1:8 twist. Just curious as to your results. Looking at getting said rifle, shooting that bullet and to potentially bump up to 108 eldms in future. Just wanting to make sure 95 grainer would shoot well enough in it. FWIW I'm at about 1600 ft elevation.

Yes. No issues.