6 Creed vs. 6.5 Creed for Rokslide Spec.?

180ls1

WKR
If you are willing to buy and build one, why not a 6 ARC? It’ll work with factory or AICS pattern mags, is the cheapest of the three in factory ammo, has nearly the same wind bracket as the others, has less recoil, and very long barrel life. It’s legitimately probably the best choice for a one gun option for anyone that practices regularly.

Is there a reason the 6.5 Grendel does not get more love around here? It seems like a nice balance of cheap ammo, BC and recoil.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Is there a reason the 6.5 Grendel does not get more love around here? It seems like a nice balance of cheap ammo, BC and recoil.
Because the 6 ARC exists. Same terminal effects at longer range until minimum expansion velocity. Same weird bolt face.

-J

180ls1

WKR
I guess its just interesting its literally never mentioned. Being the ARC is new, you would have thought the Grendel would have gotten some love. I guess the small caliber trend is pretty new around here though.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I guess its just interesting its literally never mentioned. Being the ARC is new, you would have thought the Grendel would have gotten some love. I guess the small caliber trend is pretty new around here though.

Is that what you guess?

No, it’s that the Grendel is anemic. 2,300-2,400fps MV with a .5 BC bullet doesn’t beat a 223 with good bullet. When the 6 ARC didn’t exist it was an option that could make sense. Now, not really.

PaulDogs

FNG
Is that what you guess?

No, it’s that the Grendel is anemic. 2,300-2,400fps MV with a .5 BC bullet doesn’t beat a 223 with good bullet. When the 6 ARC didn’t exist it was an option that could make sense. Now, not really.

What tikka mags work best with the 6 arc?

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
Roughly 12-15 ft lbs to 8-9ftlbs and believe, does not take into account brakes or suppressors
6.5 prc is 14 and 6.5 creed was like 10 and 6 creed was about 9 I thought. With all equal weight rifles.

But like I said, I thought. I don't have a recoil test rig or all 3 rifles that weigh the same.

Is that what you guess?

Spot on, I have a 6.5 Grendel in an AR, but I have begun tearing it down to either build a 22 ARC or 6 ARC lol or both....I already have the upper, bolt etc from the 6.5 Grendel, all I would need is a barrel......or I could leave it all intact and just build another upper lol...Ive got too many projects with too many plans....and with a new grandson, not much time for any lol

I would do 6 creed or Gt. Just my opinion. The guys I shoot either at matches on the gt or dasher are shooting wicked tight groups. My next build is the gt. Also I’ve been using a 6.5 creed for several years.