6.5cm 147 Eld-m or 130 TMK

N2TRKYS

WKR
That's a great track record. Too bad Nosler AB got so expensive and hard to find.
I agree. $30/50 is higher than I’m use to paying for them. The 130s become available from time to time. The 140s are available now, if you don’t mind cannelures.

Wrongside

WKR
I have a new 6.5CM tikka T3 lite in a KRG Bravo. It shoots the 147 eldm and 130 tmk equally well with 1 1/8” 10 shot groups.

My most of my hunting is white tail deer with shots 20-200 yards most in the 80-150 range.

What do you guys think? I’m wanting to settle on one and buy up a barrels worth of brass, powder, and bullets

Myself and buds have killed a fair sample size with the 147ELD. Several elk, MD and WT, as well as antelope. It’s worked well at all ranges used, and exits more often than not. In fact, I hadn’t caught any until last season- 2 in the same elk @ 591M. It’s a great projectile, slips wind like few others and great terminal performance.

That said, if the OPs shots are all under 200Y, I’d personally pick a different projectile.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)

OP
B

BKM

FNG
Myself and buds have killed a fair sample size with the 147ELD. Several elk, MD and WT, as well as antelope. It’s worked well at all ranges used, and exits more often than not. In fact, I hadn’t caught any until last season- 2 in the same elk @ 591M. It’s a great projectile, slips wind like few others and great terminal performance.

That said, if the OPs shots are all under 200Y, I’d personally pick a different projectile.

Good luck with whatever you choose. :)
Is your concern meat damage? I moved more and more towards a soft fragmenting bullet in my previous rifle that was a .308win. I only saw better and better on game performance.

As I said above I am very color blind and would much rather lose a shoulder of meat than not mind a deer.

Wrongside

WKR
Is your concern meat damage? I moved more and more towards a soft fragmenting bullet in my previous rifle that was a .308win. I only saw better and better on game performance.

As I said above I am very color blind and would much rather lose a shoulder of meat than not mind a deer.
Yeah. But really, It’s not even that the 147ELD has been all that destructive. At least at CM velocities. Just more than my preferred mono, the 127LRX. Which I limit to 350-400M.

But everyone has to rank their own priorities. I’m pretty upset if I ruin a shoulder- we love slow cooker shoulder roasts- and don’t mind tracking a little ways vs lead all thru the shoulder meat. (Not that we’ve had to do much or any tracking.) Your priorities differ a little, and that’s just fine. Everybodies got to figure out what works for them.

In the end, for where I hunt and the typical ranges, if picking just one bullet, it’d be the 147ELD.