6.5 PRC Regrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
So, your woodsmanship skills won't allow you to get closer, where you don't need all your "white feather" gadgets to kill game.

And, therefore, don't need field marksmanship skills either.

Huh.

GR
See the tough thing about pointing that kind of stuff at me is that I've killed most animals with most methods of take. Rifle, muzzleloader, shotgun, handgun and archery.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
So, your woodsmanship skills won't allow you to get closer, where you don't need all your "white feather" gadgets to kill game.

And, therefore, don't need field marksmanship skills either.

Huh.

GR
Holy hell if you're that worried bout "woodsmanship" why even use a rifle? Only real men use pointy sticks or sling rocks at there quarry.

Im still waiting with the OP of what folks think of prc vs creed in an overall sense.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Shoot2HuntU
Holy hell if you're that worried bout "woodsmanship" why even use a rifle? Only real men use pointy sticks or sling rocks at there quarry.

Im still waiting with the OP of what folks think of prc vs creed in an overall sense.
I've shot a lot of both. They're both great. For the most part a 6.5 Creedmoor will do everything a PRC will do until you're well past the range most of us are competent shooting at. PRC will afford you a little bit more horsepower to cheat the wind but is also a little bit tougher to shoot.
All that said I think a 22 Creedmoor or 6mm Creedmoor is a better general hunting round for most people.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Very correct on the analysis.

When taking a field shooting position in Five(5) seconds, and making a 3 MOA hit with a rifle on a game animal is hunting - the bench shooting dogmas and gear requirements fade pretty quick.

And that is Jeff Cooper's definition of field marksmanship, not mine.

GR
Jeff Cooper was a closeted Metric system adherent.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot a lot of both. They're both great. For the most part a 6.5 Creedmoor will do everything a PRC will do until you're well past the range most of us are competent shooting at. PRC will afford you a little bit more horsepower to cheat the wind but is also a little bit tougher to shoot.
All that said I think a 22 Creedmoor or 6mm Creedmoor is a better general hunting round for most people.
Thanks for that. I had a couple creedmoors years ago and they were nice enough rifles. The prc seemed like the modern version of a cartridge I always thought looked like a Goldilocks on paper the 264wm. The EuroOptic s20 prc sale has been trying my willpower.

OP
General RE LEE
Personally, I'd like to congratulate @General RE LEE for being a repeat OP of these kinds of threads. Remember the "suppressors are over-rated" one?

Google Dioni Amuchastegui. Hint.

Now let's see your sub 5 second 3 MOA shootin since it's the benchmark of "field marksmanship".

I posted this a pretty long time ago and somehow it got revived.

See the tough thing about pointing that kind of stuff at me is that I've killed most animals with most methods of take. Rifle, muzzleloader, shotgun, handgun and archery.

Really, and you actually hunt, too.

Huh.

GR

AOberti

FNG
Really, and you actually hunt, too.

Huh.

GR
How about you post a picture of the last 5 animals you have killed and compare them to the last 5 Dioni has killed. GUARANTEE you don't have the balls to do this.

This gets better by the minute.

Ever had that feeling that "maybe" you started a fight with the wrong person? That would be you right now.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
man this keeps getting better, @Dioni A some of those memes and pokes are all time.

But seriously, when are we banning? Can we get that pre-scheduled for next week? Can we do a poll? I mean, if we could get to “suck it” level that would be fantastic at this point - looks like Gman may not have his own canyon though, no critters?

Gman can we get some optics thoughts from while you’re at it? Clearly you’re here for…….wait WHY are you here if we all suck? Kindly start a woodsmanship education thread before you’re shown the door. Incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.