6.5 Creedmoor/260 for Deer, Elk, and whatever else.....

This may have been covered, but has anyone tested out the Sierra Tipped Game King, aka gamechanger? Im shooting the 130gr smk out of my rifle because I got a bunch of them pretty cheap. Im curious how that bullet does. I know it is a little tougher than the TMK but not a bonded bullet so it should fragment some.

I’ve only used them in 7mm and .308, but at MVs of 2600-2800 fps, they have performed really well for me. Not a ton of fragmentation at lower MVs, but I’ve had excellent expansion down to 1800fps or lower. Easy and cheap to load, excellent ballistics. I see them as approaching bonded bullet type performance at lower MVs, but with super reliable expansion and match type accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
This may have been covered, but has anyone tested out the Sierra Tipped Game King, aka gamechanger? Im shooting the 130gr smk out of my rifle because I got a bunch of them pretty cheap. Im curious how that bullet does. I know it is a little tougher than the TMK but not a bonded bullet so it should fragment some.

They sure act bonded
Wounds very similar to the accubond
They are very easy to load

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bull moose. Liquified his lungs. Both bullets ended up resting a few inches apart on the opposite shoulder blade. The bull still made it probably 30 yards and took about 30 seconds to drop. IMG_9278.jpegIMG_9279.jpegIMG_9268.jpeg