5 Pin Slider Sight Suggestions

jolemons

WKR
I'm in the market for a new sight and am sold on a 5 pin slider, where the bottom pin becomes the floater. Specifically, I like the Spot Hogg Boss Hogg abd Black Gold Ascent, but I hate the way Spot Hoggs adjust and I don't want to put purple on my bow (Black Gold). I really like the simplicity and micro adjustability of Axion sights, but they don't make a slider. I'm open to any and all suggestions that you have to offer.

c5mrr270

WKR
Tommy Hogg or Hogg father would be my suggestions. I know sighting the pins in can be a pain but the sight is bombproof. If you really don't like the spot hoggs then maybe check out cbe.

littlebuf

Banned
couldn't agree more with spott hogg. I have the hogg it and don't think ill ever change

trkyslr

WKR
Sword sites makes a couple diff sliders that are very well built and a little cheaper then spott hoggs

Lawnboi

WKR
Hogg, or black gold. Those are the only sites that will go on my bows.

Hogg is tougher, and that purple thing your dinging on the MBG is actually one of my favorite selling points on them. MBG is tough as well, and has got the brightest pins iv ever seen.

ckleeves

WKR
Hogg, or black gold. Those are the only sites that will go on my bows.

Hogg is tougher, and that purple thing your dinging on the MBG is actually one of my favorite selling points on them. MBG is tough as well, and has got the brightest pins iv ever seen.

Agree 100%. I use and like both, but MBG has the better pins IMO.

I switched to the cbe tek hybrid this year, loving it. I went with the three pin though instead of the 5. 30,40,50 and slide to 110

OR Archer

WKR
Nothing beats the durability of a Spot Hogg. Tommy Hogg is what I run and recommend when suggesting a slider sight for hunting.

worx53

WKR
CBE Tek Hunter. I have tried them all except the Sword and I like this one the best. I'm actually hunting with just a single pin but have a 5 pin also.

OP
jolemons

jolemons

WKR
I like the looks of the CBE. Tell me a little about it's adjustability and durability. I don't think anyone will argue that Spot Hogg makes the most durable sight, but from messing around with them a little, I think I would hate how many steps there are to adjusting the pins. The pins on the CBE seem pretty fragile sticking out there, they almost look like tiny allen wrenches from the pictures that I've seen.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have never thought of spot Hogg pins being hard to adjust.

I hunted in Colorado last year with a guy using the CBE slider and it looked delicate. He also knew that and babied it as needed.

I think several companies make adequate sights so it comes down to personal preference.

MBG Ascent, the purple is only there in complete sunlight, it ensures there's no starburst on your pins. Pretty cool that MBG had to find a way to dim how bright their pins are

worx53

WKR
I don't think its fragile. I drag it through oak brush all day long in Co...no problems. since I use a single pin I usually have an extra packed but I've never used it.

OP
jolemons

jolemons

WKR
FYI, I went the Black Gold Ascent route with a custom model from S&S Archery. Sweet sight, despite the purple!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI, I went the Black Gold Ascent route with a custom model from S&S Archery. Sweet sight, despite the purple!
This is what I did as well. Great sight. I chose 3 pin to keep the housing less busy. Call / email Steve. He will help ya out.