Best 3 Pin Hunting Sight?

Taudisio

WKR
I didn’t see that he specified that it mattered to him where it was made.
Do what you want with your own money.

OP-Mine seems to be good quality and I have had no reliability issues.

B3 is very similar to the older CBE stuff, and still made in Kentucky.

Currently playing with an Exact Q2 target that I'm pretty impressed with.

Op, there's not a best 3 pin sight, too many details that are important to some while not others.

Personally, my preference is to usually an old style SH small housing with 3 pins on whatever base I feel like I need. For light weight mountain hunting, I use the non dovetail hunter model, still has 3rd axis adjustment. If I want a slider, I use the Tommy.

When I'm not as worried about weight I go with the Hogg Father.

I got to counting ounces on a bow, decided a sight wasn't where I'd sacrifice on weight.

So, you guys don’t use products made in China? I understand the sentiment, but how honestly practical is it?

So, you guys don’t use products made in China? I understand the sentiment, but how honestly practical is it?

In this case, the cost difference is negligible, so keeping my $ in the USA is a no brainer.

Trying to live entirely independent of the PRC is doable, but definitely not practical.

A lot of archery stuff still made in the states.

A lot is also machined oversees and assembled here too.
Can be a little difficult to sort it out, but not impossible.

American archery manufacturing companies off the top of my head.
Spot Hogg
MBG
Shrewd
Hamskea
B3
Qad
Tru-ball/Axcel

While everything might not be 100% American sourced (carbon especially) metal machining and assembly is.

Likely a lot of other companies I'm not familiar with.

Trial153

WKR
I haven’t seen any difference in durability in between BG and Spot Hogg.
For a three pin set up I would would go with BG. The three pin housing on SG are big and ungainly. Currently three of my sights are direct mount BG dual pins with either a X base or a MT lite base. I always go with micro adjustments for the housing. My only current SH is double pin fast Eddie with a direct mount. It’s a solid set up but I like the adjustable second pin on the BG better.

I also built a BG ascent verdict that has three vertical pins in a revenge head….I run on my open country set up 25/35/45 and float the 45 …that sight has seen use from the Arctic Circle to Mexico and never failed me. I started with a four inch dovetail but since swapped it out for a MT light base.

All my other SH except the Fast Eddie I have sent down the road. To much unnecessary weight for no additional benefit.

Last edited:

nphunter

WKR
The CBE Trek Pro's are great sights, I previously shot a CBE Tek Hybrid on my last 3 bows, decided to buy a new sight this year I originally settled on an Axcel. Pulled it off after 1 day and ordered another CBE, my old hybrid is still going strong on my son's bow. IMO the Trek Pro is one of the best sights currently on the market, I put my hands on a lot of sites before settling back on another CBE.

P.Bearda

FNG
I have shot with the Trophy Ridge React Trio Pro and have loved it. I know trophy ridge can be looked down on, but this sight has been great for me. Two horizontal pins and one vertical, with the vertical pin being the adjustable pin out to 100+ yards. I like the adjustability and the react technology is actually pretty impressive from my personal use.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
The CBE Trek Pro's are great sights, I previously shot a CBE Tek Hybrid on my last 3 bows, decided to buy a new sight this year I originally settled on an Axcel. Pulled it off after 1 day and ordered another CBE, my old hybrid is still going strong on my son's bow. IMO the Trek Pro is one of the best sights currently on the market, I put my hands on a lot of sites before settling back on another CBE.
Did you find that the housing of the CBE was smaller through your peep than the housing of the Axcel?

Currently have an Axcel I'm trying to like, but the size of the housing is throwing me off.

nphunter

WKR
Did you find that the housing of the CBE was smaller through your peep than the housing of the Axcel?

Currently have an Axcel I'm trying to like, but the size of the housing is throwing me off.

I don't remember, the CBE lines up well with my 3/16" peep for me, it has an adjustable dovetail so it's easy to get to line up. The Axcel didn't have enough windage adjustment and with it all the way over part of the housing was covered by the bracket. They make a windage adjuster bracket for their sites to be used with a multipin housing but I didn't like the design at all, it made it feel cobbled together, so I pulled it off of the bow after shooting it a couple of times and sold it.

Ive had good luck with axcel stuff for the last 10 years. somehow bent a pin on my older armortech while elk hunting last year. bent it right back in place. I moved to a Landslyde 3 pin this year and really like it. I did get rid of the three pin housing and threw on a 2 pin UV3 for TAC. My son stole the three pin but it's a nice scope and well built. He shot tac with it just fine. That said its really hard to go wrong with any of the top end stuff today. Most of it is about preference.

Blandry

WKR
CBE has a new sight called AXIS that looks like a axcel killer. I run the 3 pin engage with a 41mm hood and love it. I've used axcel and mbe along with a bunch of other brands but really like CBE sights, notwithstanding where they're manufactured.

If you prefer your housing to match your peep, get a hamskea insight. I'm running a 3/32 with the insight system and it looks good to me. I don't really care if it matches my housing though. I'm just more accurate with smaller peeps. I might swap it out to 1/8 for hunting low light but never go larger than 1/8 myself.

Love the Triple Stack, but for me, there isn’t a sight out there that matches the Option Canyon Pounder. Fantastic tolerances such that you don’t need to lock the sight down after sliding to the range you need. Best slider system that I’ve used. And the ability to switch to a single pin sight picture if the situation allows. Really the best of all worlds. I had mine built as a 5 pin with 0.19 pins for the top 2, and .010 for the rest (including the fixed pin centered in the housing). Not the lightest sight out there — somewhere in between a Black Gold Dual Track a a Triple Stack.